It happened to me... AGAIN

Moderator: BarsMonster

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
BarsMonster
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

It happened to me... AGAIN

Post by BarsMonster » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:06 am

I woke up, came to PC - it was saying that it cannot boot OS.
Strange, I've left it powered on...
Rebooted, and noticed that my RAID-0 is in failed state, and only one drive is present....
Aother is gone.

This time it was SSDs.... Absence of mecanical stuff does not appears to be more reliable :sad: :mad: :wall:

BarsMonster
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: It happened to me... AGAIN

Post by BarsMonster » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:09 am

Fortunately, not much stuff lost this time, I still have HDD I was working on in army 2 weeks ago :crazy:
Some other electronics work I was doing last 2 weeks was on my Raptor, which is safe and sound :-)

SecUpwN

Post by SecUpwN » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:28 pm

Michail, this isn´t the first thread where you mentioned that something went wrong with your hardware and data was lost. It seems to me, as if you should be a "backup-professionell" by now (which I consider to be a good thing). :ugeek:

Out of pure interest: Which program(s) to you use for regular backups?

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:36 pm

SecUpwN wrote:Michail, this isn´t the first thread where you mentioned that something went wrong with your hardware and data was lost. It seems to me, as if you should be a "backup-professionell" by now (which I consider to be a good thing). :ugeek:

Out of pure interest: Which program(s) to you use for regular backups?
Yeah, but every backup plan have a weak point :-)
Like 1 week before going to army I had to reinstall windows, and was lazy enough to schedule my backup script :crazy:

I use nnbackup and windows 7 backup for backup.

Yesterday I was lucky one more time - I reflashed BIOS of my AMD 4870 with different fan profile (it's getting hot here), and bricked it :-)
Fortunately, I had spare PCI video card & DOS-boot flash drive to recover it :crazy: