CUDA supported bruteforcers

Moderator: BarsMonster

D3ad0ne
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

CUDA supported bruteforcers

Post by D3ad0ne » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:06 pm

So far i have only used the following below... Of course we know about BarsWF, but anyone else know any other good ones out there? Distributed is important but anything that supports CUDA is worth checking out.

Elcomsoft Distributed password recovery - http://www.elcomsoft.com/edpr.html
EDPR is distributed and does a whole list of things but the ones that support CUDA are:

Microsoft word/excel/powerpoint/project 2007 password recovery
PGP disk .PGD whole disk encryption
Win NT/2K/XP/2K3/Vista login password (LM/NTL)
Windows DCC domain cached credentials
MD5 Hashes - with list
WPA/WPA2 passwords

IGHASHGPU - http://golubev.com/hashgpu.htm
ATI support

SHA1
MD5
MD4

Distributed Hash cracker - http://rpisec.net/projects/show/hash-cracker
DHC is distributed, but only supports three algorthms though all on CUDA.

MD5
MD5crypt
SHA-1

InsidePro Extreme GPU Bruteforcer - http://www.insidepro.com/eng/egb.shtml
Not distributed, CUDA supported. Also allows deligation of GPU load, but does not support cpu.

MD5
MySQL/5
MD4
NTLM
SHA-1
Domain cached credentials DCC
various MD5/salted variations, supports list
DES

cRARk - http://www.crark.net/
Cuda supported Rar cracker for windows, linux, and MacOS

Rar only

Vernoux MD5 crack - http://bvernoux.free.fr/md5/index.php
Not distributed, MD5 only

My fav is EDPR because it is so easy to set up and use. And only needs the agents on slave machines just wish it supported CUDA MD5Crypt.
Last edited by D3ad0ne on Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IvanG
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: CUDA supported bruteforcers

Post by IvanG » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:53 pm

I guess you're assume cracked EDPR otherwise it's as easy as $600 off :P.

D3ad0ne

Post by D3ad0ne » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:08 am

I left that open for interpretation. :mrgreen:

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:14 am

IvanG wrote:I guess you're assume cracked EDPR otherwise it's as easy as $600 off :P.
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

IvanG

Post by IvanG » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:24 am

Probably it's better to compare speed of different crackers instead of "this one has GUI so it's the best".

I'd to say my hash cracker (which I already advertised several times here :)) becoming most universal (ATI+nVIDIA+different hashes) and fastest one :D.

D3ad0ne

Post by D3ad0ne » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:25 pm

IvanG, I added yours to the list as well as cRARk. Also good point with the speed test. But the hard thing about testing different ones is that they all don't support the same things. Also some support list and some only support a single hash. I'll see if I can't do some kind of benchmark test tonight. Been having circuit breaker issues, with 3 machines filled with 295's and and A/C unit on one 15 amp fuse.

issue

Post by issue » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:50 pm

There are no others GPU Mysql supporters, appart from the new schwarzwaldMYSQL32 ?

IvanG

Post by IvanG » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:50 pm

D3ad0ne wrote:IvanG, I added yours to the list as well as cRARk. Also good point with the speed test. But the hard thing about testing different ones is that they all don't support the same things. Also some support list and some only support a single hash. I'll see if I can't do some kind of benchmark test tonight. Been having circuit breaker issues, with 3 machines filled with 295's and and A/C unit on one 15 amp fuse.
Well, I was planning to do these tests (but I'm way too lazy these days to actually do it with several GPU crackers and several GPUs):

1. Single MD5 hash (with salt == a big plus). As still widely used and it can be compared with rainbow tables performance.
2. Multi hash MD5, lists with 100, 1000, 10K, 100K hashes. To measure how seriously speed will be dropped with big lists compared to single hash.

Most GPU crackers supports MD5. Addional tests:

3. MD4 with Unicode == NTLM, single hash & multi hash.
4. SHA1 with Salt == MSSQL, to compare SHA1 performance vs MD4/5 one.
5. MySQL as it's totally different algorithm from MD4/5/SHA1 (and it's possible to get really big numbers for it :)).

Sc00bz

Post by Sc00bz » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:55 pm

IvanG wrote:5. MySQL as it's totally different algorithm from MD4/5/SHA1 (and it's possible to get really big numbers for it :)).
There are two MySQL algorithms MySQL3.23 (62 bit hash) and MySQL SHA1 which is "*"+sha1(sha1(pass)).

schwarzwaldhacker

Post by schwarzwaldhacker » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:03 pm

Yes, please do not forget my MYSQL-Cracker! It works! :)

http://s-schwarzwaldhacker.rbcmail.ru/s ... MYSQL.html

And soon, an even faster 1.1 version will already be released.
"MySQL as it's totally different algorithm from MD4/5/SHA1"
That's true! The algorithm is actually derived from the good old "mysqlfast" algorithm:

http://packetstormsecurity.org/Crackers/msqlfast.c

And I doubt that it can be much improved. However, you can reach a lot of improvement by optimizing the cuda-stuff, "maximizing parallel execution", "optimizing memory usage" and so on.

IvanG

Post by IvanG » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:16 pm

Sc00bz wrote:
IvanG wrote:5. MySQL as it's totally different algorithm from MD4/5/SHA1 (and it's possible to get really big numbers for it :)).
There are two MySQL algorithms MySQL3.23 (62 bit hash) and MySQL SHA1 which is "*"+sha1(sha1(pass)).
Yeah, I mean "old" MySQL, 62-bit one, as MySQL5 is just 2 times slower than SHA1, so not that interesting :).

D3ad0ne

Post by D3ad0ne » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:35 am

OK here are my bentch marking results. Since nvidia does not have a driver that will work in vista64 that supports more than 5 video cards I had to dual boot. I setup a Win XP Pro 32 install so I won't be able to test 64 bit code.

The test machine is a core i7 950 on a P6T motherboard, with 3 GTX 295's. All at stock speeds. This gives me a total of 1440 stream processors.
Each test is ran for about 5 mins to obtain the most accurate average speed, also each test is done with a full character set with no other processes running.

ighashgpu v0.60
IBP 924,608,017/s 6 Char pass w/all char 14m 16s
MD5 4,208,559,608/s 6 Char pass w/all char 3m 9s
MD4 4,473,279,947/s 6 Char pass w/all char 2m 58s
NTLM 4,451,714,457/s 6 Char pass w/all char 2m 59s
mysql5 608,400,000/s 6 Char pass w/all Char ~22m
sha-1 1,349,000,000/s 6 Char pass w/all char 9m 34s

InsidePro v1.5.1
MD5 427,918,000/s
MD4 610,090,000/s
mysql5 77,300,000/s
sha-1 153,400,000/s
Apparently only uses one video card, pretty crappy for a commercal product.

igrargpu v0.4
RAR 2931.6/s

cRARk 3.2b
RAR 2726.0/s

Elcomsoft Dist Pass Recovery espr_md5.dll v2.57.00
MD5 2,942,142,344/s

BarsWF Cuda x32 v0.8
MD5 4,443,840,000/s

I tried testing schwarzwaldMYSQL32 but was unable to download the exe.
Last edited by D3ad0ne on Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

schwarzwaldhacker

Post by schwarzwaldhacker » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:38 am

I tried testing schwarzwaldMYSQL32 but was unable to download the exe.
OK, I just published "download instructions":

http://3.14.by/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8& ... 7322#p7322

I don't really know about the other crackers. But my "speed counter" does NOT work. A problem is probably that the speed is so high(millions * millions), that integers and so on can be too limited to capture it. Therefore if you want to compare speed, you should compare time.

psw

Post by psw » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:46 pm

Hello,

thanks for the interest for my cRARk program and the benchmarks.
Now I'm looking for beta testers of new program for RAR password recovery.
If you have a powerful computer with TWO OR MORE NVIDIA cards, and wish
to beta-test the software, please contact
software@password-crackers.com

Thanks!

D3ad0ne

Post by D3ad0ne » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:51 pm

Pavel, tried to send you an e-mail. But got a reject. PM with a download location and I'll check it out.

psw

Post by psw » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:19 am

I wrote the PM. Did you receive it?

Igor

Post by Igor » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:10 pm

CUDA Multiforcer (Source)
MD4-,MD5- and NTLM-hashlists on Linux, Windows and OSX
CUDA only, one device, one host
9800 GTX+ (XP64):
MD4:430 M/sec
MD5:321 M/sec
NTLM: 436 M/sec

and

Pyrit
WPA/WPA2, Linux only
CPUs and GPUs, networking (0.2.5)
9800 GTX+: 6297 PMK/s
i7-965: ~430-530 PMK/s per Core
together 9659 PMK/s
runs on backtrack

Many benchmarks are on the project page.

afentis

Post by afentis » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:09 pm

hello everyone!

long time reader - first time poster :-)

i'm looking to build a reasonable sized network specifically for password analysis research and wondered if i could get a little advice from the members of this forum. would you recommend a network of fifty dell optiplex desktop computers running elcomsoft DPR or is there perhaps a more effective set-up? most of the GPU solutions i have tested seem restricted to one workstation (or perhaps dual CUDA cards in one computer) but do not have proper distributed functions. any ideas or suggestions are very welcome - i'm happy to share my work or let anyone who helps use the final network for their own testing/research.

cheers, ross

LordMike

Post by LordMike » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:28 pm

If you wait enough time, you will have a distributed solution.
Bars is working on a distributed version.

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:15 am

afentis wrote:hello everyone!

i'm looking to build a reasonable sized network specifically for password analysis research and wondered if i could get a little advice from the members of this forum. would you recommend a network of fifty dell optiplex desktop computers running elcomsoft DPR or is there perhaps a more effective set-up? most of the GPU solutions i have tested seem restricted to one workstation (or perhaps dual CUDA cards in one computer) but do not have proper distributed functions. any ideas or suggestions are very welcome - i'm happy to share my work or let anyone who helps use the final network for their own testing/research.

cheers, ross
EDPR is not free, what's your budget?

Crucifix

Post by Crucifix » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:04 am

afentis wrote:hello everyone!

cheers, ross
I have seen a network of 30 Optiplex run eDPR and frankly I wasn't too impressed. I'm not sure if we're thinking the same model of optiplex here, these ones had Pentium Dual Core e2180s (2 ghz) and 2 gigs of RAM each, and the end result was a somewhat less-than-thrilling 1.3 billion keys/second. Which of course, compared to the cost of the systems, is pretty slow. A good workstation with GPU can put out more than that on its own.

But then I've never tried the CUDA capabilities of that particular program, so I'm not really sure how those play out.

Sc00bz

Post by Sc00bz » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:07 am

GPUs are the way you want to go they are better power per performance and cost per performance.

IvanG

Post by IvanG » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:17 am

afentis wrote:network of fifty dell optiplex desktop computers running elcomsoft DPR or is there perhaps a more effective set-up? most of the GPU solutions i have tested seem restricted to one workstation (or perhaps dual CUDA cards in one computer) but do not have proper distributed functions.
Depends on what types of passwords you're wanna to process. For MD5 hashing you'll have about 90M/sec (if properly optimized which EDPR isn't btw) per dual core 2.2Mhz Core based CPU (single hashing), taking 50 computers ($320 each = $16K) it'll 4.5B/sec. But taking one HD 5970 (for $700) it'll be 5.6B+/sec. So it's not a problem at all that there is no distributed version.

From the other side, CPUs are more universal, so more algorithms supported as well as more different attacks (like hybrid dictionary ones which can be much more effective than GPU's extra fast brute-forcing). Also some crypto algorithms can be very inefficient on GPUs, like RC4, so if you're wanna to process Office 97-2003 documents and PDFs up to v9 it's way better to use CPUs.

D3ad0ne

Post by D3ad0ne » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:13 pm

i'm looking to build a reasonable sized network specifically for password analysis research
Could you be a bit more specific about the research your looking to do?

I agree with Ivan, it really dpends on what types of passwords or research your wanting to do. If you ask me if you want a universal setup I would wait for a couple of months and buy two systems. Both containing i9's one system being a ATi, the other being nVidia. Get a motherboard that supports both Ati and Nvida, and also has at least 4 PCIe slots. Something like a ASUS P6T deluxe. All the various hash types would be supported by this configurations. You should only need about 3 applications to support most hash types. Hashcat, IGhashGPU, and EGB. By the way EDPRs is VERY poorly optimized as Ivan said. Using his application IGhashGPU I can get more performance from my main machine alone then using EDPR spread accross several machines, including my main machine.

The distributed software systems have been brought up before, it is really only useful if you have a very large amount of nodes. Single powerful machines are the way to go at the moement.

vampyr

Post by vampyr » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:37 pm

Hey, don't forget my cracker!
http://www.governmentsecurity.org/forum ... 31591&st=0
-ATI Support
-NVIDIA Support
-MULTI-gpu (550mhashes/s sha1 on a 4870x2)
-Network support
-Tons of fault recovery shit.
-FREE AND OPEN SOURCE!

Also: ihashgpu appears to be a direct copy of some of my old code, as it has exactly the same bugs, and around the same speed (!) Because, hey, look at the post date of my govsec cracker, then at ihashgpu.