Decrypting Hash Code

Moderator: BarsMonster

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jjmikhail
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Decrypting Hash Code

Post by jjmikhail » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:05 pm

hi,

i downloaded the BarsWF bruteforce program and I am trying to decrypt a hash code but with no luck at all.

is it possible you can tell what the "phrase" is of the hash code if i was to post it here?

thanks

D3ad0ne
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Decrypting Hash Code

Post by D3ad0ne » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:26 am

Generally the guys don't like it when people post a hash and try to get someone to crack it for them. The guys at - http://www.waraxe.us/forums.html can probably help you out and do that on a regular basis. You may also try - http://www.md5decrypter.com or http://www.md5decrypter.co.uk By the way if your sure that the hash is the result of a "phrase" and not a short 7 or less character password it is going to be really hard to crack unless it is all lower case or all upper case or all numbers.

jjmikhail

Post by jjmikhail » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:37 pm

Ok, I am now using the BarWF bruteforce to try and decrypt it.

Just so I understand how it works, you enter the hash code, set the miniunum length and char setting then start. Lets say the min length was 5 and it fails to find the key does this mean that the key is longer and will then try to decrypt with the length of 6 characters?

D3ad0ne

Post by D3ad0ne » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:17 pm

Yep it should be -h (your hash) -c (character set) -min_len (minimal password length). If you set the minimal password length to 5 it will start at length of 5 and continue up until it gets to max length of 15 or it finds the password.

By the way I sent you a PM.

jjmikhail

Post by jjmikhail » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:50 pm

Thanks just PM you back.