BarsWF feature wishlist

Moderator: BarsMonster

B0ff
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: BarsWF feature wishlist

Post by B0ff » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:01 pm

Yeah, working with generated passwords on GPU is kinda slow cause it is very costy to transfer every generated password to GPU, as well as generate it on GPU.
Probably it might be limited to CPU-only attack, which should not be that terrible as number of variants here is much smaller.
I would be happy to run BarsWF at half its maximum speed if I could specify the charset for each character space or run dictionary or hybrid searches, it would still be many times faster than the other programs I have been using. 8-)
EDIT Also need the ability to input a list of hashes..
Is it done yet..? :D

DarkPrince
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by DarkPrince » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:22 pm

B0ff wrote:
EDIT Also need the ability to input a list of hashes..
Is it done yet..? :D
it will be done, the first post in this topic is about that lol

DarkPrince

Post by DarkPrince » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:26 pm

BarsMonster wrote:Yeah, working with generated passwords on GPU is kinda slow cause it is very costy to transfer every generated password to GPU, as well as generate it on GPU.
Probably it might be limited to CPU-only attack, which should not be that terrible as number of variants here is much smaller.
I dont know how thie pgu cracking works but cant you do like this:

If you say that the last char is a lowercase cand you let the GPU run only lowercase variants
and then let the CPU take the rest variations?

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:40 pm

DarkPrince wrote:
BarsMonster wrote:Yeah, working with generated passwords on GPU is kinda slow cause it is very costy to transfer every generated password to GPU, as well as generate it on GPU.

If you say that the last char is a lowercase cand you let the GPU run only lowercase variants
Having different charsets for different positions is possible for both CPU & GPU

DarkPrince

Post by DarkPrince » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:22 pm

BarsMonster wrote:
DarkPrince wrote:

Having different charsets for different positions is possible for both CPU & GPU
"Yeah, working with generated passwords on GPU is kinda slow cause it is very costy to transfer every generated password to GPU, as well as generate it on GPU.
Probably it might be limited to CPU-only attack, which should not be that terrible as number of variants here is much smaller."

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:27 pm

Looks like I was wrong initially :-)

DarkPrince

Post by DarkPrince » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:35 pm

BarsMonster wrote:Looks like I was wrong initially :-)
you confuses me :?:

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:52 pm

Yes, it is slow to generate every single password on the CPU and then transfer to GPU for checking.
But as long as we can generate passwords efficiently right on GPU we are good. Initially I was thinking that having different charset for different positions would be hard, but that is not correct :-)

DarkPrince

Post by DarkPrince » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:06 pm

BarsMonster wrote:Yes, it is slow to generate every single password on the CPU and then transfer to GPU for checking.
But as long as we can generate passwords efficiently right on GPU we are good. Initially I was thinking that having different charset for different positions would be hard, but that is not correct :-)
So it can go even faster then we first thought? Like super fast? Like Roadrunner fast? :shock: :o

remo

Post by remo » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:02 pm

DarkPrince wrote:-max_up # (max amount of uppercase chars in pass)
-max_low # (max amount of lowercase chars in pass)
-max_spe # (max amount of special chars in pass)
-max_num # (max amount of numeric chars in pass)

-min_up # (minimum amount of uppercase chars in pass)
-min_low # (minimum amount of lowercase chars in pass)
-min_spe # (minimum amount of special chars in pass)
-min_num # (minimum amount of numeric chars in pass)

This would be great if you where cracking a database where you know ppl have to use atleast one of each.

Like "your password has to include uppecase, lowercase and numeric"

And on some pages you have to start or end with a special char

-first_is "0aA~" (first char is a numeric, lower, upper, special)
-last_is "0aA~" (last char is a numeric, lower, upper, special)
-first_not "0aA~" (first char is NOT a numeric, lower, upper, special)
-last_not "0aA~" (last char is NOT a numeric, lower, upper, special)
what about those suggestions bars?

They sound very good:D esp. the last

kiando

Post by kiando » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:35 am

I'd love to have a GPU only version !

DarkPrince

Post by DarkPrince » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:51 pm

kiando wrote:I'd love to have a GPU only version !
May I ask why?
And how would you do that? o_O

hardfalcon

Post by hardfalcon » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:32 pm

This might be helpful for example if your CPU cooling is poor and you computer crashes after a few minutes if you stress your CPU too much (I had this some weeks ago, but next week the problem should be gone as my new cooling equipment should finally arrive :) ).

kiando

Post by kiando » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:55 pm

Yes, I could lower the priority, but I want the program to ignore the CPU (as much as possiple) so I can use me CPU for anything else and to prevent it form being under stress for long periods of time. And of course to save power because cpu is less efficient.

_haxxor_

Post by _haxxor_ » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:16 pm

kiando wrote:Yes, I could lower the priority, but I want the program to ignore the CPU (as much as possiple) so I can use me CPU for anything else and to prevent it form being under stress for long periods of time. And of course to save power because cpu is less efficient.
http://mion.faireal.net/BES/

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:19 pm

Control over CPU & GPU usage is coming. It would be possible to use ~0% of CPU :crazy:

_haxxor_

Post by _haxxor_ » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:45 pm

BarsMonster wrote:Control over CPU & GPU usage is coming. It would be possible to use ~0% of CPU :crazy:
oooooh mama i love you :)

Frankie00rz

Post by Frankie00rz » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:34 pm

I personaly prefere the "multi hash support (attack a large list of hashes)" on highest priority , i hate those batchfiles ;_)

Bitweasil

Post by Bitweasil » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:31 pm

Frankie00rz wrote:I personaly prefere the "multi hash support (attack a large list of hashes)" on highest priority , i hate those batchfiles ;_)
NTLM or MD5?

Frankie00rz

Post by Frankie00rz » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:25 pm

MD5 and SHA1 of course , i never taste the NTLM crap ;.,-)

symbol

Post by symbol » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:03 pm

Hi

could you add IPB2.x format :

example (user:hash:salt)

user:cadf629230518b599744160f4637c6b9:Q[B0F
user2:864bde004528c2b56ffaec8848f90d76:]NsP]
user3:ab491f13105f34f6ac64fa0d7ab252f6:Xs_&w

thanks ! :joy: :joy: :joy:

huhwha

Post by huhwha » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:30 pm

Thank you so much for your work on BarsWF. very much so looking forward to the mscache version.
couple considerations that may or may not have been discussed, but i think all can be really valuable features for BarsWF.

1. wordlist functionality. Alot of GPU cracking tools are brute force centric but i think there is a huge amount of benefit to add wordlist functionality.
1a. allowing the tool to accept wordlist input from stdin is even better.
2. linux support. obviously this is in the works, but i wanted to give it some more support
3. pyrit-type design model, pyrit is a linux based tool used for gpu cracking wpa-psk's has a really excellent design model. Basically the author wrote the cpyrit python class which handles the hash computation on the gpu/cpu, then everything else is separate in a python app. This makes it really really easy for people who want more functionality of the app to do it themselves. For instance, i needed it to support wordlists a little differently and accept words via stdin, so i just wrote a quick python app using cpyrit, and bam! everything was done. This is definitely more of a long term thing, but if more applications were written in this way it would make changing tools for specific projects so much easier. Nonetheless if barswf ever wanted to take that direction, it would be awesome!

thanks again for all of your hard work!

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:59 pm

The problem with wordlists & stdin is bandwidth.
1 card at 1bil hashes/second need like 10Gb/sec of data, so any external password generation or wordlist source would slow down everything by a factor 10-100.
Personally, I still think that pure wordlist attack is efficient for CPU kernel, but not GPU one.
It might be efficient on GPU for wordlist "modificators"

neinbrucke

Post by neinbrucke » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:57 am

wordlist mutations are VERY powerful... so i think it is a valuable item for the wishlist :)

badbob

Post by badbob » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:37 am

I want a wordlist support too. A modificatior would be fine too. Or a pattern crack.

+aHJZ+4X&*

where + means 1 char * means x chars.

A modifactor like

password
1111password
password1111
9999password9999
would be fine too