BarsWF feature suggestion

Moderator: BarsMonster

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
proletsearch
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

BarsWF feature suggestion

Post by proletsearch » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:40 am

Hi,
I am really impressed by the speed the software you have coded works with. May I suggest a new feature, that I guess will make it even better.
Can you implement a masked attack with custom positioning of custom charset. What I do mean by this is the following:

Let's say we know the format and charset used for a particular hash we try to recover.
It may have following form:
12AB1-34BB1-231BB
Where only some numbers and letters from the alphabet are used to compute it and the dashes have strict positions. It will save a lot of time if the positions of the well known chars are given via the command line.

Regards,
proletsearch

BarsMonster
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: BarsWF feature suggestion

Post by BarsMonster » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:18 am

proletsearch wrote:Hi,
I am really impressed by the speed the software you have coded works with. May I suggest a new feature, that I guess will make it even better.
Can you implement a masked attack with custom positioning of custom charset. What I do mean by this is the following:

Let's say we know the format and charset used for a particular hash we try to recover.
It may have following form:
12AB1-34BB1-231BB
Where only some numbers and letters from the alphabet are used to compute it and the dashes have strict positions. It will save a lot of time if the positions of the well known chars are given via the command line.

Regards,
proletsearch
That was requested many times already, and this feature is not in the top-3 for implementation, unfortunately :sad:

proletsearch

Post by proletsearch » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:53 am

Well, it is enough if this feature is in the implementation queue. Top 3 or top 20, it does not matter Image

Bitweasil

Post by Bitweasil » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:03 pm

I'd add that the Cryptohaze multiforcer 0.7 has this feature.

xtv

Post by xtv » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:05 pm

I would suggest a featue to include a pre-string or post-string in the "current_guess" string.
For example, if you're sure the password was ABC?????, where '?' means the unknown digits, BarsWF would form strings like "ABCaaaaa", "ABCaaaab", and so on.
I belive (If I'm not wrong) this would help you to recover 'salt'ed MD5 hashes, like linux's shadow passwords based on md5.

Also, BarsWF Isn't open source? I belive community could contribute to it's development and also appreciate to see how this baby works "under the hood"!

LordMike

Post by LordMike » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:41 pm

This is already in the making. It's indeed called "Salted Hashes", and is very... Important :P

Also, it is NOT open-source, but free.

spYro

Post by spYro » Thu May 06, 2010 9:42 pm

xtv wrote:I would suggest a featue to include a pre-string or post-string in the "current_guess" string.
For example, if you're sure the password was ABC?????, where '?' means the unknown digits, BarsWF would form strings like "ABCaaaaa", "ABCaaaab", and so on.
I belive (If I'm not wrong) this would help you to recover 'salt'ed MD5 hashes, like linux's shadow passwords based on md5.

Also, BarsWF Isn't open source? I belive community could contribute to it's development and also appreciate to see how this baby works "under the hood"!
I am searching for this, too.
I'm using your tool and it just works great :D
But, as said before, I'm searching for 2 parameters, that definde the start-word and the end-word.
Like you give him "ABC000" and "ABC999" and he tries ABC000, ABC001, and so on.
I also didnt find the way to define the exact charset manually (for example only use "ABC0123456789") via parameter, but I'm not sure if i just didnt find it or you didn't implemented it.
Both, the 2 strings and the charset, would be great for better usage and performance.

Can you tell me, how long it could take to implement both things? 2 Weeks? 2 Months? 1 Year?

Thanks in advance for your answer and.... sorry for any writing-mistake. I'm german ;)

Keep on the work!

Best wishes
spYro

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Fri May 14, 2010 9:50 am

spYro wrote:Can you tell me, how long it could take to implement both things? 2 Weeks? 2 Months? 1 Year?
Well, if you would look a little more careful both things are already implemented someway :crazy: