ATI SDK Stream 2.1 : some improvements ?

Moderator: BarsMonster

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
julien04
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

ATI SDK Stream 2.1 : some improvements ?

Post by julien04 » Tue May 04, 2010 10:41 am

Hi !

Sorry for asking at each new version of there SDK, but maybe there are some improvements ?

Can you try it, so we can use lastest drivers ?
(it needs 10.04's drivers and SSE3 CPU).

BarsMonster
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: ATI SDK Stream 2.1 : some improvements ?

Post by BarsMonster » Tue May 04, 2010 1:45 pm

It is unlikely that Brook-based BarsWF would ever work again, as AMD does not support Brook anymore.
PS. :sad:

palenholik

Post by palenholik » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:29 pm

I am using Barsw Brook 0.8 with on Win7 and ATi Stream 2.0 on ATi HD 4850 and i get arround 900MHash/s. But there is bug with -min_len parameter, it does not take it in considiration. If i set -min_len 7 or 8 or 9 or anything above five, it will start from 5 and then rise.

Note.: I had to renam some files in %windir%\system32, i think amdcalcl.dll and other one, just changed amdxxxx.dll into atixxxx.dll and it worked.

Great peace of software Michail.

Crs

Post by Crs » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:04 am

I have ATI 5670 and I get only ~ 300 MHash/sec. I was expecting more and I don't know why the value is so low. I have the latest drivers...

LordMike

Post by LordMike » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:26 am

The brook versions are AFAIK not supported anymore. Brook was apparently a failed ATI project to counter CUDA, and it will stay that way - ATI has it's eyes on a new language of theirs, OpenCL. This means you probably won't get much help on this front.

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:39 am

Crs wrote:I have ATI 5670 and I get only ~ 300 MHash/sec. I was expecting more and I don't know why the value is so low. I have the latest drivers...
Yeah, theorecically you should have had about 500 MHash/sec, what are your clocks? Are you sure your card have 400 stream processors?

palenholik

Post by palenholik » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:21 pm

Yesterday I have updated to latest CCC drivers v10.5 and installed ATi Stream SDK 2.1. BarsWF 0.8 works with slight performance gain. It' is now around 908 and 915 Mhash/sec.

Currently my PC is not in my flat, but when it comes back, I'll post some screens.
But there is bug with -min_len parameter, it does not take it in consideration. If i set -min_len 7 or 8 or 9 or anything above five, it will start from 5 and then rise.
@BarsMonster, It seems that here are too few ATi users. You are in army, so I assume that this "bug" will stay for now. Is there way to force BarsWF via ".save" file, to start with "x" number of characters?

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:27 pm

palenholik wrote:@BarsMonster, It seems that here are too few ATi users. You are in army, so I assume that this "bug" will stay for now. Is there way to force BarsWF via ".save" file, to start with "x" number of characters?
My army is already over :crazy:
Yes, there is a way, there is a password length there, and starting position for all characters.
You may just compare 2 files with different length and you will see..

palenholik

Post by palenholik » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:47 pm

I assume ".save" files are same for SSE and Brooke based BarsWF. It will be easier to start SSE version with desired number characters, see into its ".save" file and copy that data into Brooke version.

EDIT: OK, figured it out. First edits of ".save" resulted in BarsWF crash. Then i read this and now it works.