How to bruteforce md5($salt.$data)?

Moderator: BarsMonster

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
AUTH
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

How to bruteforce md5($salt.$data)?

Post by AUTH » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:14 pm

Hi,
I have the MD5 hash of $salt + $data and I know the salt. How can I configure BarsWF to brute force this setup?

Example:
salt = test
and I want BarsWF to bruteforce test000... test001... test002... and so on.

Thanks in advance

BarsMonster
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: How to bruteforce md5($salt.$data)?

Post by BarsMonster » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:50 pm

Use software which can work with salt :-)

AUTH

Post by AUTH » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:16 am

As far as I know, there is no software which uses GPU to calculate and support prepended salts. Do you have any suggestions? I don't know if it's different while using GPU to calculate but it should be quite simple to modify the current code to support this type of input. After creating the bruteforced data, appending it to the salt and hashing it to compare with the target hash should be enough. What am I missing here?

Bitweasil

Post by Bitweasil » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:16 pm

You may have luck with the Cryptohaze multiforcer - you can use the per-position character set support to emulate this type of behavior, at least for short salts/passwords.

In this case, you'd set the following per-position character sets:
0: t
1: e
2: s
3: t
4: [full US charset/etc]
5: [full US charset/etc]
etc.

This will then "lock" the first few positions to the 'test' salt, and search from there.

PM me if you have questions on setting this up.

Xanadrel

Post by Xanadrel » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:33 pm

AUTH wrote:As far as I know, there is no software which uses GPU to calculate and support prepended salts. Do you have any suggestions?
Maybe oclHashcat ?
http://hashcat.net/oclhashcat/

AUTH

Post by AUTH » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:36 pm

Xanadrel wrote:
AUTH wrote:As far as I know, there is no software which uses GPU to calculate and support prepended salts. Do you have any suggestions?
Maybe oclHashcat ?
http://hashcat.net/oclhashcat/
I've found that software after I my post but unfortunately my salt + data is longer than it supports.