Windows/Linux/Mac CUDA MD4/MD5/NTLM brute forcers

Moderator: BarsMonster

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bitweasil
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Windows/Linux/Mac CUDA MD4/MD5/NTLM brute forcers

Post by Bitweasil » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:22 am

http://www.cryptohaze.com/bruteforcers.php

Currently supports cracking: MD4, MD5, NTLM.

Platforms supported:
Windows XP (32 & 64 bit), Windows Vista (32 & 64 bit). Untested on Windows 7 but probably will work.
Linux (32 & 64 bit)
Mac OS X

Requires an nVidia 8000 series or higher GPU, CUDA drivers.

Peaks at around 30B compares per second on a sufficiently large hash list with a GTX260.

Improvements are in the works.

inn
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Windows/Linux/Mac CUDA MD4/MD5/NTLM brute forcers

Post by inn » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:31 pm

hmm, interesting
tnx for the link

wish it would support more algorithms
3 (MD4,MD5,NTLM) is also nice, but these are not the most required, imho ;)

now need to compare it with BarsWF about MD5 :D

the_drag0n

Post by the_drag0n » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:33 pm

it is slower then bars with single hashes. it does not yet contain any improved hash algorithms and it will support more hash types later (plugin option?)

Bitweasil

Post by Bitweasil » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:47 pm

Yes, it's slower than BarsWF on a single hash and will likely remain so - it's focus is on performance with common numbers of hashes (in the 10-1000 range) - not extreme performance at either end.

What other algorithms would you like to see?

I intend to add variable hash length support soon, which will allow SHA1/SHA256/LM/MYSQL/etc.

LM support is the one I'm most interested in adding.

_haxxor_

Post by _haxxor_ » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:59 pm

LM, for what ?
when frt finishes creating the huge tables, you won't be needing a bruteforcer anymore. (ah...for 100-99.97% maybe..)

Bitweasil

Post by Bitweasil » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:08 pm

_haxxor_ wrote:LM, for what ?
when frt finishes creating the huge tables, you won't be needing a bruteforcer anymore. (ah...for 100-99.97% maybe..)
Will the LM tables support all possible foreign characters? I believe they are only supporting a few foreign characters.

And I need the algorithm anyway for other things. I may as well make use of it.

Looking at implementing MD5CRYPT wordlist support too.

the_drag0n

Post by the_drag0n » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:10 pm

im not quite sure if it supports ALL possible chars but quite most of them.
beside that: the table will be quite slow since the read time will be enormous.
i think supporting lm is right and usefull. not everyone can use our tables.

_haxxor_

Post by _haxxor_ » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:43 pm

"Will the LM tables support all possible foreign characters?"
well yeah !
that's because most of the foreign languages map into the US charset, to be more exact, all the known foreign characters are mapped into :

Code: Select all

lm-frt-cp437-850            = [ !"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_`{|}~€Ž’™š›œžŸ¥µ¶·½¾ÇÏÑÒÓÔÕÖ×ØÞàáâãäåæçèéêëíîï]
neinbrucke @ freerainbowtables.com mapped all the code pages, so talk to him about it.

Bitweasil

Post by Bitweasil » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:53 pm

I've not kept up with that - what's expected generate time and size on that table?

the_drag0n

Post by the_drag0n » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:02 pm

Bitweasil wrote:I've not kept up with that - what's expected generate time and size on that table?
time could take long. id expect 2 or even 3 months left.
size will be big.. very big. i cant remember the exact number id have to search the board but it was about 500GB afaik.

_haxxor_

Post by _haxxor_ » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:08 pm

hmmm...as i spoke to Bitweasil, he told me he has more than 6Tb "to start with"

Bitweasil

Post by Bitweasil » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:19 pm

Yes. There is sufficient hardware allocated for this project. Plus a good amount of GPU power available locally, and I'm working on getting time on a somewhat local Tesla cluster (48 GPUs) for this.

The current target is NTLM 1-9 full US charset, plus extensions out to 12+ characters for smaller subsets (lower-numeric, etc).

The brute forcers are just a side project for cross-platform testing.

Sc00bz

Post by Sc00bz » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:12 pm

10268 million chains per table so like 77 GiB per table. The first table will be twice as big. So the total size is 385 GiB. Unless http://www.freerainbowtables.com/en/tableprogress/ is messed up or something. I think it's reporting perfect chains which is why it looks like there's less than a day left.

_haxxor_

Post by _haxxor_ » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:36 pm

Sc00bz wrote:I think it's reporting perfect chains which is why it looks like there's less than a day left.
you are wright. it reports perfect chains.

neinbrucke

Post by neinbrucke » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:10 am

Bitweasil wrote:
_haxxor_ wrote:LM, for what ?
Will the LM tables support all possible foreign characters? I believe they are only supporting a few foreign characters.
the new table will support most of the foreign characters... but a fast GPU brute forcer would still be awesome... especially for large hash lists... and if you were to get really awesome speed with LM on GPU, perhaps the full byte range would be possible as charset (although i don't think that will be possible :P)... i'm currently working on some article or blog or something about my whole codepage stuff, for your bruteforcer to be checking useful extra characters, you will probably want some specific charsets as well...

Bitweasil

Post by Bitweasil » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:03 pm

My brute forcer currently doesn't support LM, but I'm working on it.

The next release will include:
- No limit on # of hashes cracked (I've run 5M through the testing versions)
- Substantially better performance on large hash lists
- Per-position charset support (different character sets for each position) - VERY useful.

I'm hoping to add LM support soon, and then salted hash support. It's just a matter of time & resources. Still need to eat...

The 0.7 release (without LM support) should be done this week, and I'm looking to add LM support & salted hash support soon.

Long term, I'm also going to have a wordlist based cracker online that mutates the wordlists internally (similar to, but not as complete as, John).

neinbrucke

Post by neinbrucke » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:09 pm

wow, seems like you are doing a great job... even though barswf keeps topping on single hash... it's great to have a multi hash cracker that gets development... and i'm really looking forward for code releases and the windows version :)

Bitweasil

Post by Bitweasil » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:20 pm

*nods* I'm not aiming at single hash performance. Also, FWIW, InsidePro Extreme GPU is faster on lists of MD5 hashes.

They're all Windows only, which doesn't suit my requirements. This is being written, primarily, for my needs. The fact that it's cross-platform (and Linux compatible) is more of a side effect.

The code's getting to a point where it's near release quality. I want to comment the source a lot, though - I'll be working on this next week, and hopefully will release code to the single hash version in 2-3 weeks.