CUDA Kernel Error: invalid device pointer

Moderator: BarsMonster

d0PING
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: CUDA Kernel Error: invalid device pointer

Post by d0PING » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:08 pm

and eax=0 aka cudaSuccess and cudaGetDeviceCount(&count) in count=1 on s3 savage and with nvidia device- :mad: ...reversing cudaGetDeviceCount :wall: :crazy:
experiment kills the theory

d0PING
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by d0PING » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:16 pm

it's ok. it has to be so.anyway, with cal - the same calDeviceGetCount() returns 1 :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:06 pm

Could you try to request Device info for Savage? it would be interesting to see results :-)

d0PING

Post by d0PING » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:25 am

i'd already played with that :wink: it's played bad... :crazy: raises error :sad:
but for example gpu-z with my savage :str:
p.s.:pay attention on frequency of memory:
Attachments
before.gif
before.gif (14.8 KiB) Viewed 10710 times

LordMike

Post by LordMike » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:19 pm

d0PING wrote:i'd already played with that :wink: it's played bad... :crazy: raises error :sad:
but for example gpu-z with my savage :str:
p.s.:pay attention on frequency of memory:
160 Ghz? ... o.0

d0PING

Post by d0PING » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:38 am

>>160 Ghz? ... o.0
no, it's ok :crazy: I mean it has to be so cause these guys doesn't support too old adapters
everything there is wrong, only name :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

D3ad0ne

Post by D3ad0ne » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:34 pm

BarsMonster after adding my 7th card to my system I am now getting CUDA Kernel Error: invalid device pointer
error.jpg
error.jpg (42 KiB) Viewed 10242 times
Seems to work just fine with ighashgpu though.
igh.jpg
Any thoughts?

LordMike

Post by LordMike » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:32 pm

D3ad0ne wrote:BarsMonster after adding my 7th card to my system I am now getting CUDA Kernel Error: invalid device pointer
error.jpg
I'd go nuts too and quit if I managed 7 teams of billions of chinese people screaming "0" and "1"... :P

D3ad0ne

Post by D3ad0ne » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:48 pm

I'd go nuts too and quit if I managed 7 teams of billions of chinese people screaming "0" and "1".
Heh

Also I thought I would mention that it does the same thing if I use a 9400 GT in place of the 9600 GT

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:14 am

D3ad0ne wrote:BarsMonster after adding my 7th card to my system I am now getting CUDA Kernel Error: invalid device pointer
error.jpg
Specially for you: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Here goes 0.A version of BarsWF.
Due to massive changes, command line parameters are different now. Also, you may (finally) use config file.
Also, should show a little higher speed under massive GPU count (due to infrastructure, not algorithm) :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

http://3.14.by/files/BarsWF_CUDA_x64_0a.zip

Let me know if it fixed the problem.

D3ad0ne

Post by D3ad0ne » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:06 am

Do you have a 32 bit version compiled by chance?

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:17 am

Today is a great day for this problem :-)
My sister recently upgraded to 9800GT, I just borrowed it for a night, and with my 8400GS problem did reproduced :joy: :joy: :joy:

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:59 am

BarsMonster wrote:Today is a great day for this problem :-)
My sister recently upgraded to 9800GT, I just borrowed it for a night, and with my 8400GS problem did reproduced :joy: :joy: :joy:
Ok guys, could you please test 0.B version for this error? :-)
I was never so happy about BarsWF since the time I got the idea of reversing :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: