Programming on ATI, whats the lowest level language?

Moderator: BarsMonster

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
P3ndldqny2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Programming on ATI, whats the lowest level language?

Post by P3ndldqny2 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:07 pm

I'm a little confused, if someone wants to program on ATI graphics cards what is the lowest level language to use and what tools to do it?

Is opencl if you wish to add cpu computation to the program? I heard brook isnt used anymore, so is it ATI stream? Does visual studio support ATI stream like it can CUDA?

BarsMonster
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Programming on ATI, whats the lowest level language?

Post by BarsMonster » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:49 pm

P3ndldqny2 wrote:I'm a little confused, if someone wants to program on ATI graphics cards what is the lowest level language to use and what tools to do it?

Is opencl if you wish to add cpu computation to the program? I heard brook isnt used anymore, so is it ATI stream? Does visual studio support ATI stream like it can CUDA?
Just read all docs coming with SDK, it will cover all your questions ;-)