How to make barsWF use only 50% of cpu?

Moderator: BarsMonster

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
someoneee
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

How to make barsWF use only 50% of cpu?

Post by someoneee » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:18 pm

Hi,I have this problem and I hope somebody could help me.When I use BarsWF my CPU temperature gets from 40C up to 89C so I'm afraid that it will burn my CPU.Is there any way I could use like 50% of my CPU while cracking? :roll:

BarsMonster
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: How to make barsWF use only 50% of cpu?

Post by BarsMonster » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:05 pm

someoneee wrote:Hi,I have this problem and I hope somebody could help me.When I use BarsWF my CPU temperature gets from 40C up to 89C so I'm afraid that it will burn my CPU.Is there any way I could use like 50% of my CPU while cracking? :roll:
You can limit number of CPU cores to use. If you need to use half of 1 core, you'll have to tweak the sources by yourself :-D

someoneee

Post by someoneee » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:32 pm

How to limit CPU cores to use?

Sc00bz

Post by Sc00bz » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:19 am

Windows task manager. In the processes tab right click on the process for BarsWF and click set affinity then select which cores it can run on.

The CPU version is really old 0.8. The source code from http://3.14.by/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1333 says has a version of 0.c (12). You can download the CUDA version 0.b (11) which has "--cpu_n". If you don't have a CUDA enabled card or don't want to use it then add "--gpu_mask 0".