failed to initialize cal runtime --> faster???

Moderator: BarsMonster

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
soomon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

failed to initialize cal runtime --> faster???

Post by soomon » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:08 am

hey there,

found your program and i am really impressed.
at first i used it with windows 7 (beta) 64 bit on my q9450 w/ ati 4870 and was about 1200 hashes/s

when i switched to vista i got errormessaged about 2 dll's not found:
amdcalcl64.dll
amdcalrt64.dll

when i copied the dlls to the bars directory i get 3300 mhashes /s.
but the error message: ailed to initialize cal runtime , falling back to cpu

when i copy all the ati dlls there i am down to 1000 m/s !?

why that?
so it' sbetter for me only keeping the 2 dlls there?

thanks & greets,
soomon

edit: i just tried to "crack" the md5 hash of 123456. but without the dlls i only get a it when i use only numbers (charset 0).
as soon as i use charset 0a or 0aA~ for example it will ALWAYS MISS the hash???
why that?

and btw. my system gets damn slow when i use it with all the dlls, when i use only the 2 everything runs smooth and bars at least sais it would be faster. but seems that's wrong?

BarsMonster
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: failed to initialize cal runtime --> faster???

Post by BarsMonster » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:54 am

3000 is not real one.
It found password on small charsets as CPU worker starts to work faster than GPU's one, and it is able to grab key range with correct password in first operation.

0.9 non-beta have sanity check, and will tell you that your configuration is broken, and GPU core returns invalid results.

soomon

Re: failed to initialize cal runtime --> faster???

Post by soomon » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:13 pm

too bad XD
thanks for your reply!

greets,
soomon