Distributed crypo-network discussion

Moderator: BarsMonster

kiando
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Distributed crypo-network discussion

Post by kiando » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:45 pm

Forgive my ignorance, BarsMonster, but what is your native language? do you speek Belorussian or Russian or both?
Last edited by BarsMonster on Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Sorry, accidentally typed an answer right in your post :-)

the_drag0n
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by the_drag0n » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:26 pm

kiando wrote:Forgive my ignorance, BarsMonster, but what is your native language? do you speek Belarusian or Russian or both?
nice photos, drag0n...

nice offtopic :mrgreen:
well Bars ones look better but thanks :P

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:40 pm

kiando wrote:Forgive my ignorance, BarsMonster, but what is your native language? do you speek Belorussian or Russian or both?

Native is Russian, but I was studying Belarusian in school, so I can easily speak on it . Unfortunately I have too little practice - very few people here in the cities speak Belarussian. That is one of the reason to unite with Russia - people are the same, language is the same, why should we have 2 different countries? :-)

Actually Belorussian & Russian languages are very very close, a little more distant than UK English and US English :-)

Kalectro

Post by Kalectro » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:30 pm

sorry about digging out this thread, but I really like that idea :)
Is there any chance you are going to make this work anytime soon?

Kalectro

LordMike

Post by LordMike » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:55 am

Kalectro wrote:sorry about digging out this thread, but I really like that idea :)
Is there any chance you are going to make this work anytime soon?

Kalectro
As I understand it. V 1.0 is in the making, which will do stuff like that.

DarkPrince

Post by DarkPrince » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:45 pm

What is happening, are you gonna release it soon or what? :sad:

pice

Post by pice » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:41 pm

What is the planning for the distributed client? Are you developing a distributed framework from scratch, are you planning on supporting stats etc? or will you create a BOINC project and let BOINC manage all these nifty details? Something else which is alike BOINC?

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:36 am

It is on the attack edge right now.
BOINC server is heavy lifting.
Believe me or not, but I am writing server side on LAMP :-)

DarkPrince

Post by DarkPrince » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:34 pm

BarsMonster wrote:It is on the attack edge right now.
BOINC server is heavy lifting.
Believe me or not, but I am writing server side on LAMP :-)
'nice :)

LordMike

Post by LordMike » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:43 pm

Sounds bad :P

d0PING

Post by d0PING » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:49 pm

Michail,you 're going to make some distributed aka folding?, man that's seriously...
LAMP -too high-oriented, but in total good stuff, but in general think about great *nix servers in deeps of internet-90%no work :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
so os-independed, the best architecture for such stuff- p2p aka skype, but in totall traffic -not problem, so either...
p.s.: with firewalls and routers can help. :wink:
experiment kills the theory

LordMike

Post by LordMike » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:52 pm

p2p is not aka skype... (Skype is not equal to bittorrent f.ex.)

Although Skype is based on p2p.

the_drag0n

Post by the_drag0n » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:37 am

P2P is much to insecure. We need a central server which manages things. Also in boinc you can get long term tasks. Even if the server crashes for 24h it doesnt matter.

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:51 am

the_drag0n wrote:P2P is much to insecure. We need a central server which manages things. Also in boinc you can get long term tasks. Even if the server crashes for 24h it doesnt matter.
I am not going to rent a whole server just to run BOINC server, that's too much for free or almost free product.
Anyway, that's too late to change anything :-)

d0PING

Post by d0PING » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:15 am

>>>p2p is not aka skype... (Skype is not equal to bittorrent f.ex.)
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: what was for example:
distributed is not aka folding
>>>P2P is much to insecure.
watch first point waith skype:cryptography aka skype... :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: i'd played to reverse it, man that's -total crap :str:
>>>rent a whole server
why?that's to expensive. :x

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:41 pm

d0PING wrote:>>>p2p is not aka skype... (Skype is not equal to bittorrent f.ex.)
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: what was for example:
distributed is not aka folding
>>>P2P is much to insecure.
watch first point waith skype:cryptography aka skype... :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: i'd played to reverse it, man that's -total crap :str:
>>>rent a whole server
why?that's to expensive. :x
It is hard to decrypt Skype traffic for you, but not for them. They've was stated somewhere on their site, that they can read traffic, and they may allow local authorities to read Skype traffic.

Here are reqs for BOINC server:
* Your Internet connection should have adequate performance and reliability. Your server must have a static IP address.
* Your server should have good CPU speed(dual Xeon or Opteron), at least 2 GB of RAM, and at least 40 GB of free disk space. For a high-traffic project, use a machine with 8 GB of RAM or more, and 64-bit processors.
* Do whatever you can to make it highly reliable (UPS power supply, RAID disk configuration, hot-swappable spares, temperature-controlled machine room, etc.).
* Put it behind a firewall.
* Make it secure; turn off any unneeded network services, especially those that use plaintext passwords (like FTP or Telnet).
So, it's not gonna be easy :-)

d0PING

Post by d0PING » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:01 pm

>>>It is hard to decrypt Skype traffic for you, but not for them. They've was stated somewhere on their site, that they can read traffic, and they may allow local authorities to read Skype traffic.
German government wanted to hire some hackers for cracking skype, in china skype was prohibited by the government, ...unill some time, after that there was some arests leaders of opposition< which were used skype for communication :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
...after some time skype was resolved in german :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
...system f***s us and (i guess) it likes that :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

LordMike

Post by LordMike » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:28 am

According to recent events, where authorities wanted the ability to listen in on Skype convos. They found they couldn't.

The encryption is agreed upon between the two clients, not through Skype.
Secondly, as Skype is P2P. You'll need to intercept all packets, in all corners of the Internet. Not easy.

This makes it easier, just to have trojans at the two endpoints, the speakers. Where you listen to audio input and output.

d0PING

Post by d0PING » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:14 am

>>>Secondly, as Skype is P2P. You'll need to intercept all packets, in all corners of the Internet. Not easy.
as you had said skype is not aka p2p and that is absolutely true.
>>>>You'll need to intercept all packets, in all corners of the Internet. Not easy.
for real p2p it's impossible i real-time of video or sound conversation. :crazy:
but for skype...why should them protect theirs freeware stuff:it doesn't work with active softice :mad: ,but that's could be played :crazy: ,
it watches for any patches of its executable,its own packer what uses something like copymemII aka starforce,IAT (most part) runtime resolved;
and what it makes with TLS...- 8-)
as it was found some bugs that used (or maybe backdoors from its developers :D ) it has to interesting.

LordMike

Post by LordMike » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:17 pm

d0PING wrote:{..}
Just for my info. What's your native language?...

I'm Danish, and I have a little trouble reading your posts.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:15 pm

LordMike wrote:

I guess he is Russian, as I can read him well on both Russian & English forums :-)

LordMike

Post by LordMike » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:52 pm

BarsMonster wrote:
LordMike wrote:

I guess he is Russian, as I can read him well on both Russian & English forums :-)
Ok, thx :P

d0PING

Post by d0PING » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:04 am

no i'm not russian :sad: :x

DarkPrince

Post by DarkPrince » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:22 pm

Svary Micha Alex

How is this project working out for you? :geek:

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:25 am

DarkPrince wrote:Svary Micha Alex

How is this project working out for you? :geek:
Not sure what you mean. Private distributed version is already working in production, I'll release public one when I would have some time for that.