Distributed crypo-network discussion

Moderator: BarsMonster

BarsMonster
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Distributed crypo-network discussion

Post by BarsMonster » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:09 pm

neinbrucke wrote:oh btw, i have 3MB per core, so it's 12MB... you probably have the same, but dual core?
i have a Q9450, running it at 3.2 GHz. For you information: I get like 200-210 Mhashes/s with BarsWF.

brute forcer: http://blog.distracted.nl/2009/10/emdeb ... ihash.html (this version actually has a couple of bugs, but it finds hashes on windows :P)
i explain most of the stuff i use here: http://blog.distracted.nl/2009/09/multi ... pport.html
partial reversing still gained some speed over full md5... most speed is probably in the use of bitmaps for initial hash comparison, i used bitweasils implementation and optimized it.
How many hashes are in your hash-list?

neinbrucke
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by neinbrucke » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:15 pm

With a hash list of 200 000 hashes EmDebr is just falling back to around 119 Mhashes/s

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:18 pm

Awesome idea with 2x bitmaps...
I see, I am on 460'000.

Actually, killer solution is to fetch a required line from L2/RAM in advance, and while it's loading do some rounds of next MD5 key.
But that's gonna cause kinda scary code :crazy:

neinbrucke

Post by neinbrucke » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:20 pm

hehe, i'll leave such scary code up to you :P (or your intel compiler :P)
hmm... no idea if intel compiler will actually improve speed of my multi hash version... maybe i'll need to go and grab myself a trial version again

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

neinbrucke wrote:hehe, i'll leave such scary code up to you :P (or your intel compiler :P)
Intel C++ is not gonna prefetch that, unfortunately (that would be too good to be true, but CUDA does that)
hmm... no idea if intel compiler will actually improve speed of my multi hash version... maybe i'll need to go and grab myself a trial version again
Let us know results :-)
I bet it will :-)

LordMike

Post by LordMike » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Why not let microprocessors do the job!?!.. :D

Just kidding anyhow.. Learnt they work at 1 MHz at school last friday :P
Got 160 pages datasheet on microprocessors :P

neinbrucke

Post by neinbrucke » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:29 pm

fyi: opencrack uncracked list of something like 460k hashes drops to around 113 Mhashes

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:38 pm

neinbrucke wrote:oh btw, i have 3MB per core, so it's 12MB... you probably have the same, but dual core?
Well, you have 6Mb for cores 1 and 2, and another 6Mb for 3 and 4 :crazy:
Yes, I have the same but 2 cores (C2D E8400@3.86)

schwarzwaldhacker

Post by schwarzwaldhacker » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:36 pm

most speed is probably in the use of bitmaps for initial hash comparison, i used bitweasils implementation and optimized it.
I will disclose a somewhat similar idea I got, when I started to write a DES Beta:

* Before I start the Kernel routine, I calculate hashes of all the hashes(comp2 is where the Hashes are stored, after having being read from file. In DES, the two first characters are the salt and I didn't include them in order to speed up things):

Code: Select all

for (int i=0; i<PassCountr;i++)
{
int testsumme=0;
for (int j=2; j<13; j++)
{
testsumme=(abs(testsumme-comp2[i*13+j])+j)*2;
}
comp3[i]=testsumme;
}
For 768 hashes, the results were from like 2 to around 150 000(Good formula, because the results are "evenly split", "well spread" or something. And in Cuda Kernel, you can use "mul24" and "sad", which is quite fast).

* Then I sort them from the smallest to the biggest.
* Now, every time Cuda bruteforced a new combination, I created a Hash of it("zwischenergebnis"):

#pragma unroll 11
	for (i=2; i<13; i++)
		{
		c=0;
		#pragma unroll 6
		for (j=0; j<6; j++)
			{
			c<<=1;
			if (bb[y] & u) c|=1;
			u>>=1;
			if (!u)
				{
				y++;
				u=0x80;
				}
			}
zwischenergebnis=__mul24((__sad(zwischenergebnis,cov_2char[c],i)),2);
		}
* And I compared this Hash("zwischenergebnis") to the list of "pre-calculated" Hashes(compd3 is the sorted list of comp2 Hashes in the Kernel, "dcount" the number of compd3 hashes):

while ((zwischenergebnis>=compd3[i])&&(i<dcount))
{
if (zwischenergebnis==compd3[i])
[...]
Benefits:
* On average, only around ((50%)*Passwords) "simple tests" are being made("simple tests", because only the Hashes are compared, no full hash calculations).
* And usually, in millions of checks, only the bruteforced combination is being fully calculated(For instance, the DES cracker calculates the DES Hash for "aaa"+the hash of it). If no equal compd3-Hashes are found, no other Hashes are getting fully calculated(If no other Hashes have equal Hashes to the "calculated Hash", no further tests are being made).

Crucifix

Post by Crucifix » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:31 am

Man, I'm dying of waiting for this thing. It's gonna FLY through that 400K hash list.

Also, is all this coded in C++ ? I only know Java, a lot of the operators and reserve words look similar but some look very different.

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:48 am

Crucifix wrote:Man, I'm dying of waiting for this thing. It's gonna FLY through that 400K hash list.

Also, is all this coded in C++ ? I only know Java, a lot of the operators and reserve words look similar but some look very different.
Yes, C++ is the only way to reach top performance, so both CPU & GPU parts are in C++.

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:06 am

neinbrucke wrote:bars, how much cache is on your cpu?
cause i 'only' dropped to like 70-75% with multihash support (125M) on sse2 md5. Of course i started out with a somewhat lower single hash speed (175M), but still :P

p.s. i have 3MB L2 cache.
Thanks to your heads up, I found a nice bug caused my bitmaps not working at all (and I had disabled them at all thinking they are not effective) :-D
Now I am at 63%, which is 87Mhash for 2 cores @3.86Ghz. (And I was too lazy to reverse 8 steps with that hashlist rebuild - too much burden when you have to take care of GPUs too)

Error was kinda simple:

int aa = (a)&((1<<CPU_HASH_BITS)-1);
	if((g->a->cpu_bitmask_a[aa>>5]) & (1<<(aa&31)) == 0)
		return;
Spoiler Alert: After checking disassembly found out that I forgot that == have higher priority than & :crazy:

Meanwhile, sent another bug report to Intel, fortunately not a showstopper for BarsWF/Salty cracker :-)

LordMike

Post by LordMike » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:16 am

Simple?..

:P

K.9

Post by K.9 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:23 pm

Let's start the beta test now?

DarkPrince

Post by DarkPrince » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:45 am

what is happening?

1½ year? :sad:

_haxxor_

Post by _haxxor_ » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:50 pm

i think he's lazy :P

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:05 pm

DarkPrince wrote:what is happening?
1½ year? :sad:
That sucks really hard :crazy:
_haxxor_ wrote:i think he's lazy :P
:crazy: Also, need to earn less :crazy:

Bruter

Post by Bruter » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:12 am

EnFuzion could be useful in the distributed password cracking.

Benefits of EnFuzion is support of varied Operating Systems :

Windows on x86 , 32-bit and 64-bit
Linux on x86, 32-bit and 64-bit
Mac OS X on PowerPC
Sun Solaris on Sparc
IBM AIX on PowerPC
HP HP-UX on PA-RISC
SGI Irix on MIPS
HP Tru64 on Alpha

http://www.axceleon.com/
http://www.axceleon.com/install/
http://www.axceleon.com/specs.html
http://www.axceleon.com/features.html
http://forum.ru-board.com/topic.cgi?for ... ic=46276#1
Last edited by Bruter on Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:20 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Rolf

Post by Rolf » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:17 am

EnFuzion uses CPUs only as I've found out.That's old.

Bruter

Post by Bruter » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:32 am

You are wrong!
EnFuzion is a Pipeline Manager, Job Creator and Job Scheduler, so it uses what you give him.
Last edited by Bruter on Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rolf

Post by Rolf » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:08 pm

Prove me wrong.
I've found nothing there about CUDA/CAL/OpenCL. :wink:

_haxxor_

Post by _haxxor_ » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:28 pm

Commercial license. not for us :)

vampyr

Post by vampyr » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:30 pm

Well, considering the fact that I've already put a cracker WITH network support out there;)
Sure, the networking code isn't all that pretty, but it works. And it has a fairly low bandwidth cost.
Seriously tho, php or any web-scripting language isn't going to cut it for millions of hashes. Might as well use c++ and save some time.

LordMike

Post by LordMike » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:02 pm

vampyr wrote:Well, considering the fact that I've already put a cracker WITH network support out there;)
Sure, the networking code isn't all that pretty, but it works. And it has a fairly low bandwidth cost.
Seriously tho, php or any web-scripting language isn't going to cut it for millions of hashes. Might as well use c++ and save some time.
Why would you code a website in C++?.. Or an application in php?..
I know that the latter is possible.. But isn't it a little ... Over-exceeding?

vampyr

Post by vampyr » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:19 pm

Well, i wasn't talking about coding the whole WEBSITE in c++, just the server distributing the tasks. 'cause php is too slow for those purposes.
Oh that, and that sending hashes in text instead of in binary form wastes bandwidth.