Multiple hashes

Moderator: BarsMonster

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Stavros
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Multiple hashes

Post by Stavros » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:27 pm

Hello,
are there any plans for multiple hashes? It could speed up the decryption process considerably...

BarsMonster
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Multiple hashes

Post by BarsMonster » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:55 pm

Yes, it is in implementation right now.

Stavros

Post by Stavros » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:56 pm

That is great news, thank you.

Bitweasil

Post by Bitweasil » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:25 am

http://www.cryptohaze.com/bruteforcers.php

Not quite as fast as BarsWF, but they're cross-platform multi-hash CUDA brute forcers.

Also the InsidePro stuff is very fast on multiple hashes, but not free.

Stavros

Post by Stavros » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:28 am

Thanks for the link, I got Multiforcer but it's quite a bit slower... My interest is academic at this point, so I'll just wait for the new version of BarsWF!

Bitweasil

Post by Bitweasil » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:35 am

If you're dealing with multiple hashes, it will be substantially slower than working on a single hash. There's a much faster version I have that I just need to finish tweaking & release.

Stavros

Post by Stavros » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:40 am

I noticed that, for 100 hashes it runs at 200M/s per iteration and for 1000 it runs at 18M/s per iteration. I wonder why that is...

Bitweasil

Post by Bitweasil » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:07 pm

Stavros wrote:I noticed that, for 100 hashes it runs at 200M/s per iteration and for 1000 it runs at 18M/s per iteration. I wonder why that is...
Because it has to test each generated hash against the hash list, and version 0.61 is fairly inefficient at doing so. The version currently in development, 0.7, is much faster at dealing with hash lists.

What OS are you running? I could possibly get you a beta if it's Linux. I haven't tested the new version on Windows yet, and there's still a bit to finish on it before packaging for release.

Master_of_Erdinger

Post by Master_of_Erdinger » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:24 pm

I'm running Linux pass it to me, but only if you want.
I've got an Intel Q9555 and a GF GTX260 if it matters.
But Stavros has to give me his MD5 hashes first, because I have no MD5 file to test your script. ;)
Then I could crack Stavros' hashes and you will become some beta-feedback. :wink:
Last edited by Master_of_Erdinger on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stavros

Post by Stavros » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:25 pm

I'm under Windows, damn :/

Bitweasil

Post by Bitweasil » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:16 pm

Oh, if you want to PM me the hashes, I could run them easily enough. I'm hoping to finish coding on it soon, I've just been busy with paying the bills lately. :(

Stavros

Post by Stavros » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:31 pm

Oh, I have no hashes, I just generated a bunch of test ones to test out the various programs... I'm sure you know quite well how to generate your own, but I would be happy to help you betatest the Windows port once it's stableish (not crashing my system, that is :P).

Sc00bz

Post by Sc00bz » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:43 pm

Use LHC for now it's free and fast, but it only works in Windows.