Where do I find AMDCALCL.DLL

Moderator: BarsMonster

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
isofan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Where do I find AMDCALCL.DLL

Post by isofan » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:58 pm

Hello,

the Cuda Version works fine, now I wanted to test the AMD version on my ATI HD4850, but BarsWF fails to find AMDCALCL.DLL - where is it?

Thanks alot

Master_of_Erdinger

Re: Where do I find AMDCALCL.DLL

Post by Master_of_Erdinger » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:02 pm

Have you installed the latest Videodriver?

isofan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by isofan » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:20 pm

Master_of_Erdinger wrote:Have you installed the latest Videodriver?
Of course I have, Catalyst 9.3 up and running

Edit: I took the files from the folding@home MSI installer, they work.

Wow, my Geforce 8800GT does ~460MHashes/s, my ATI 4850 nearly 900MHashes/s, is that big speed difference normal :)

Master_of_Erdinger

Post by Master_of_Erdinger » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:26 pm

Im sorry. ;)
AMD is a funny club so it has renamed amdcalx.dlls to aticalx.dlls. So look in your SystemXX folder for the renamed DLLs copy&paste them into the folder with your Brook+ programm and change aticalx.dlls to amdcalx.dlls

If this won't work try this:
http://forums.amd.com/devforum/messagev ... erthread=y

Tell me if it works or not!

[edit] Oh okay.. you've got it on your own :) [/edit]

isofan

Post by isofan » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:46 pm

Master_of_Erdinger wrote:Im sorry. ;)
AMD is a funny club so it has renamed amdcalx.dlls to aticalx.dlls. So look in your SystemXX folder for the renamed DLLs copy&paste them into the folder with your Brook+ programm and change aticalx.dlls to amdcalx.dlls

Thanks for your hints, I've had quite some trouble with ATI/AMD drivers (since I use their GPU for my Hometheater PC), so I am not surprised ;)

Everything works fine now, I am still impressed what my ordinary HD 4850 is capable of, just waiting for a client that can handle NTLM hashes, that would be really coooooool 8-)

Master_of_Erdinger

Post by Master_of_Erdinger » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:11 pm

Don't mention it. ;)

And im waiting for a Linux version of BarsWF I wanna have some fun under Linux, so I needn't boot my wincrap machine... ;)
So please BarsMonster, do me that favour!!! :D

cheers

netwit

Post by netwit » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:44 am

It didn't work for my 2600XT 512MB AGP card installed with DDR4 running default settings in XP PRO SP2, and I suspect I am the only one on this forum using the AGP version with the 9.4 Catalyst Suite AGP Hotfix. My AGP 2600XT has video BIOS of 07/13/07 listing Catalyst 8.600.0.0 in my PC Wizard 2008 reporting tool and has been working well for a long time, not on this new driver however, that is new this evening. The motherboard is not over-clocked. I followed the advice below, it allowed progress to the point of displaying a dialog box that says Application Error The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000001d). Click on OK to terminate the application. It throws 2 occurances of this dialog, the second one after I mouse click OK on the 1st one, so that is a clue.

That is all I can do for now, I have no idea how to proceed further other than grow up and get a better computer system :lol: It would be nice to make this one work though, it seems so close!
"netwit"
isofan wrote:
Master_of_Erdinger wrote:Im sorry. ;)

Thanks for your hints, I've had quite some trouble with ATI/AMD drivers (since I use their GPU for my Hometheater PC), so I am not surprised ;)

Everything works fine now, I am still impressed what my ordinary HD 4850 is capable of, just waiting for a client that can handle NTLM hashes, that would be really coooooool 8-)

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:12 am

Try 8.12 drivers
Try this version : http://3.14.by/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=174

netwit

Post by netwit » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:32 am

BarsMonster wrote:Try 8.12 drivers
Try this version : http://3.14.by/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=174
I spent several hours finding the information on how to modify the device list of the ATI driver installer to include my 2600XT AGP. Finally it was installed, then I ran both versions of your application and the same result as I reported earlier, two events in the XP System Log:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID: 26
Date: 4/14/2009
Time: 7:08:40 PM
User: N/A
Computer: 4N61
Description:
Application popup: BarsWF_Brook_x32.exe - Application Error : The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000001d). Click on OK to terminate the application.

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:34 am

Looks like I have to remove HD 2xxx from possibly supported list.
Noone yet was able to run it on HD 2xxx :-( :sad:

netwit

Post by netwit » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:56 am

BarsMonster wrote:Looks like I have to remove HD 2xxx from possibly supported list.
That is unfortunate news. In all other ways, the 2600XT AGP running on an nForce2 FN41 motherboard is doing well.

Since I will be needing to upgrade soon, what is your perspective on the ATI vs. Nvidia parallelism competition or solution choice. CUDA seems the most widely accepted so far but that doesn't mean the ATI stream processors should die.

Any thoughts on the ATI Stream SDK versus the Nvidia SDK? Have you had an easier task coding for one over the other?

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:17 am

netwit wrote:Any thoughts on the ATI Stream SDK versus the Nvidia SDK? Have you had an easier task coding for one over the other?
CUDA is easier, but AMD is generally faster for $.

ash

Post by ash » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:20 pm

netwit wrote:
BarsMonster wrote:Looks like I have to remove HD 2xxx from possibly supported list.
That is unfortunate news. In all other ways, the 2600XT AGP running on an nForce2 FN41 motherboard is doing well.

Since I will be needing to upgrade soon, what is your perspective on the ATI vs. Nvidia parallelism competition or solution choice. CUDA seems the most widely accepted so far but that doesn't mean the ATI stream processors should die.

Any thoughts on the ATI Stream SDK versus the Nvidia SDK? Have you had an easier task coding for one over the other?
hey netwit,
let me guess, you've got some old cpu, maybe athlonxp 1700-2500+ series or some duron :crazy: , or even maybe efven some prehistoryc celeron?

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:30 pm

Damn, right, no SSE2 support I guess :-)

netwit

Post by netwit » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:59 pm

BarsMonster wrote:Damn, right, no SSE2 support I guess :-)
Sure, the old system runs an 2600XT is AGP running on an year 2003 nVidia nForce2 AthlonXP 2500+
While I plan on a new system, I do not have a better one yet. I am well aware that many other people have superior equipment, and this is good. My next one will be nice like that too, this year I hope.

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:07 pm

netwit wrote:
Sure, the old system runs an 2600XT is AGP running on an year 2003 nVidia nForce2 AthlonXP 2500+
While I plan on a new system, I do not have a better one yet. I am well aware that many other people have superior equipment, and this is good. My next one will be nice like that too, this year I hope.
Well, this is not about coolness. BarsWF relies on SSE2 support, and cannot run on non-SSE2 capable hardware, as stated in system requirements on frontpage.

netwit

Post by netwit » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:18 pm

BarsMonster wrote:
netwit wrote:
Well, this is not about coolness. BarsWF relies on SSE2 support, and cannot run on non-SSE2 capable hardware, as stated in system requirements on frontpage.
I am sorry, I have not done well enough and I should have done a better review of the requirements. Please accept my chagrined apology :oops: , in my simplicity I thought only the GPU was an essential component. Next time I participate here, I will have the proper equipment. I will do a deeper examination of the requirements and make my new equipment purchases with this in mind. I am happy I have found your project and will be back to participate with the right stuff.