use different gpus?

Moderator: BarsMonster

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
juggalobeast
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

use different gpus?

Post by juggalobeast » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:45 am

ok i know you cant run different models of cards together in sli, but for the purpose of cracking and other cuda apps would i b able to use say 2xgtx295 and 2xgtx285?

Bitweasil
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: use different gpus?

Post by Bitweasil » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:53 am

You'll need to break the SLI (remove the GPUs from the SLI bindings - CUDA and SLI aren't compatible), and it will be seen as 6 GPUs (each of the 295s is two physical cards), but that should work fine.

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:38 am

SDK sayd you cant, but in practice it works most of the time.
We have some problems with GPUs of different generations.

Bitweasil

Post by Bitweasil » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:39 am

BarsMonster wrote:SDK sayd you cant, but in practice it works most of the time.
We have some problems with GPUs of different generations.
I would agree if the question were, say, an 8800 GTX and a GTX285. The GTX295 & GTX285 are the same core (GT200), and the same generation, even (55nm). One just happens to be two of the others bound together. I suppose clarifying that would have been useful. I really don't think of GPUs anymore by their model name but by their core, process, and stream processor count.