Question from a newbie

Moderator: BarsMonster

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Lie8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Question from a newbie

Post by Lie8 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:42 pm

hi, new here and so is a n00b here too :oops:

anyway ... i've some questions ... please help

i lost my serv-u pass sometimes ago and now want to decrypt it

say my pass is "yc25C3DCE26A68BB9DF84B6BDE754348AD"

i know it is "salt"ed ... so how is it possible to crack it using BarsWF??

i am using XFX9600GSO(580MHz/non-oc)

many thnx in advance

shifter1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Question from a newbie

Post by shifter1 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:19 pm

Do you know how it is salted or what the salt actually is?

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:35 pm

What we see is 128bit hash(might be MD5) and 2 salt characters.
Only 2 variants, salt at the beginning and at the end. I vote for beginning :-)

Lie8

Post by Lie8 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:29 am

many thnx for the inspiration BarsMonster ... could u pls just tell me 2/3 lines how to start. I am a real n00bie in this sys ... and shifter1, i mentioned it's from serv-u, and i just know that it is usually salted,but no details :sad: ... here is an example if anyone of u want to see ...

my pass : iamlie8-123
serv-u : es6B8457910E9EE511DB499570ECAA8487
md5 : 064dc726849529efad68950ca0c37419

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:54 am

Play with this one, this does most of the magic in BarsWF :crazy:

Code: Select all

int pos = pwd_len-1;
	while(1)
	{
		index[pos]++;
		data.variant[pos] = charset[index[pos]];
		if(index[pos]==charset_len)
		{
			index[pos]=0;
			data.variant[pos]=charset[0];
			pos--;
			if(pos<0)
			{
				end_of_calc = true;//That was last password of current length
				break;

}
			continue;
		} else
			break;
	}

LordMike

Post by LordMike » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:25 pm

Doesn't salting just increase the number of possibilites,
if using a cracker without support for salted hashes?

Lie8

Post by Lie8 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:09 am

BarsMonster wrote:Play with this one, this does most of the magic in BarsWF :crazy:

int pos = pwd_len-1;
	while(1)
	{
		index[pos]++;
		{
			index[pos]=0;
			pos--;
			if(pos<0)
			{
				break;

}
			continue;
		} else
			break;
	}
BarsMonster, can u pls explain a lil bit more how to use this script? i am real n00b and pls don't get impatient by this question

LordMike

Post by LordMike » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:25 am

Just for clarification. What type of user are you?.

Say, if I mention "C", "C++" and such. Will you know what I'm talking about, and how to use it?

Lie8

Post by Lie8 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:05 pm

LordMike wrote:Just for clarification. What type of user are you?.

Say, if I mention "C", "C++" and such. Will you know what I'm talking about, and how to use it?
sorry for being n00b ... but ya i know what ur talkin ... but dont quite know how to use them ... specially when BarsMonster said

Play with this one, this does most of the magic in BarsWF

i was confused how to use that with BarsWF ...

so ... tell me if i am not wasting ur time m8 ... what to do next?

trust me ... i will catch quickly

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:16 pm

Lie8 wrote:
BarsMonster wrote:Play with this one, this does most of the magic in BarsWF :crazy:

int pos = pwd_len-1;
	while(1)
	{
		index[pos]++;
		{
			index[pos]=0;
			pos--;
			if(pos<0)
			{
				break;

}
			continue;
		} else
			break;
	}
BarsMonster, can u pls explain a lil bit more how to use this script? i am real n00b and pls don't get impatient by this question
Well, take a look at the code, set all variables to correct values:

pwd_len - length of password you are generating
index - password itself, numbers are characters positions in charset. Should be 0 initially
data.variant - password in text form
charset - string holding all characters in charset ("abcdef...z" for example)
charset_len - number of characters in charset (26 for a-z)

Every time you execute this code, data.variant will contain next password you need to check.
If you see that end_of_calc == true, then you've just checked last password, and you need to set it up for next password length.

neinbrucke

Post by neinbrucke » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:35 pm

i think bars accidentally posted that message in the wrong topic ;)

looks like it's in reply to http://www.3.14.by/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 77&start=0

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:20 pm

neinbrucke wrote:i think bars accidentally posted that message in the wrong topic ;)

looks like it's in reply to http://www.3.14.by/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 77&start=0
Well, question I was answering to is in this topic :-)

neinbrucke

Post by neinbrucke » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:29 pm

hmm, maybe i should have read the code first. but i still don't see how this is supposed to help Lie8. As he asked "i know it is "salt"ed ... so how is it possible to crack it using BarsWF??", shouldn't the answer just be "it is not possible with BarsWF, no salts supported" ?

(or do i just fail to see something :P)

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:59 pm

neinbrucke wrote:hmm, maybe i should have read the code first. but i still don't see how this is supposed to help Lie8. As he asked "i know it is "salt"ed ... so how is it possible to crack it using BarsWF??", shouldn't the answer just be "it is not possible with BarsWF, no salts supported" ?

(or do i just fail to see something :P)
You right, I was thinking he is going to write his own bruteforcer :-)
So that is correct: this will not help to have BarsWF binary to crack salted hashes. You'll need to check other bruteforcers. Or white your own one, starting from this piece of code ;-)

Lie8

Post by Lie8 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:25 am

many thnx for the replies guys ... and YES now i know what to do ... and will certainly start with BarsMonter's advice and will start with that code :)