GPU Choice

Moderator: BarsMonster

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nubcake
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

GPU Choice

Post by nubcake » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:56 am

Hey Guys,

I was wondering, if anyone of you got some Information about the Cost/Performance ratio between those 2 Cards.
ATI XFX HD4830
ATI XFX HD4850 XXX

I noticed, that the 4830 got 620 Streaming Processors, which, as i heard of, is the important thing about md5-cracking / hash calculation.
(more streaming processors = more performance for the hash-cracking stuff, am I right?)
Now i'm curious, if the 4850 got the same amount or even more streaming processors, and if it's worth the 25 euros cost difference.

by the way, please apologize my bad english...

BarsMonster
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: GPU Choice

Post by BarsMonster » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:09 pm

nubcake wrote:Hey Guys,

I was wondering, if anyone of you got some Information about the Cost/Performance ratio between those 2 Cards.
ATI XFX HD4830
ATI XFX HD4850 XXX

I noticed, that the 4830 got 620 Streaming Processors, which, as i heard of, is the important thing about md5-cracking / hash calculation.
(more streaming processors = more performance for the hash-cracking stuff, am I right?)
Now i'm curious, if the 4850 got the same amount or even more streaming processors, and if it's worth the 25 euros cost difference.

by the way, please apologize my bad english...
4850 indeed have more processors, 800. I think it's worth 25 Euro.

nubcake

Post by nubcake » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:04 pm

Thanks for the fast reply, saved my day and prevented me from making the wrong decision. :)

i'll go for the 4850 then :)

the only thing which is confusing me right now, is that there are 2 different 4850's where 1 got the count of streaming processors in its description and the other one doesn't have the count being displayed in its description.
i'm talking about theese 2 cards:

4850 with description of streaming processors

4850 without description of streaming processors

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:16 pm

All 4850 have 800.

nubcake

Post by nubcake » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:01 am

oh okay, thanks again for the fast reply :)