Computing project - How goes?

Moderator: BarsMonster

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
LordMike
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Computing project - How goes?

Post by LordMike » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:31 pm

Hey,

I was just looking for some info on how the project is right now... What the ideas are...
As I understand, we all have a user which gathers points and has pc's / clients assigned.

Then, we assign hashes to it.. Which other users will help crack, they get points for it, and we use points at it...

Do we sign up at a general site you code, like, computing.14.by, and manage our profile there etc... ?

What's the work flow, from hash "IWannaCrack!!1!" to "Wee!, Crackedz!" :P

LordMike
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Computing project - How goes?

Post by LordMike » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:08 am

40 views, and no response... o.0

x4d3

Post by x4d3 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:34 pm

I think the main reason that you don't have a solid answer, it is because although Michail knows how he want it to be, everything is subject to changes during the development phase.

Right now he is finishing a version for internal use only. I am providing him access to my CUDA cluster in the next few days (probably tomorrow) so he can get some nice tests going on.

After that, you can expect him to say something public about how the public project will work. I have no info about that so far.

I will post some news about how everything work out on the internal version, once we have it available. Michail is extremely busy right now. Bear with him for a while. He always release quality stuff, once it is done. 8-)

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:27 pm

x4d3 wrote:I think the main reason that you don't have a solid answer, it is because although Michail knows how he want it to be, everything is subject to changes during the development phase.

Right now he is finishing a version for internal use only. I am providing him access to my CUDA cluster in the next few days (probably tomorrow) so he can get some nice tests going on.

After that, you can expect him to say something public about how the public project will work. I have no info about that so far.

I will post some news about how everything work out on the internal version, once we have it available. Michail is extremely busy right now. Bear with him for a while. He always release quality stuff, once it is done. 8-)
No, it is not always high quality stuff :-)
I still have nightmares about background color and screen-refresh issues in quad-core PCs in BarsWF 0.1 :crazy:

LordMike

Post by LordMike » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:31 am

So no comment on how it's gonna work for the end user? :P

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:05 pm

LordMike wrote:So no comment on how it's gonna work for the end user? :P
For unsalted hashes: You login to web interface, add your hash(hashes). Launch client with login/password specified via command line options, and it works on the job.
Finally you see your hash resolved in web-interface, with an email notification if there are no problems with antispam.

LordMike

Post by LordMike » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:04 pm

Just what I was looking for :)
Thanks ;)