Updated CUDA Multiforcer, with SHA1 & per-position charset

Moderator: BarsMonster

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bitweasil
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Updated CUDA Multiforcer, with SHA1 & per-position charset

Post by Bitweasil » Fri May 01, 2009 1:24 pm

I've released a new beta of the CUDA Multiforcer (for Windows & 64-bit Linux).

http://www.cryptohaze.com/forum/viewtop ... p=264#p264

It's much, much faster on large hash lists.

On 5M hashes, 216SP GTX260:

Code: Select all

Work: 222 Done: 0.07% Time: 481.00 ms Stp/srch: 60.5M/s 302471968.0M/s 
Also, it has per-position character set support now. You can specify the character set for each position in the password (use the -u switch, and one charset per line in the charset file).

The Windows code has a few issues - the "FAST[hash]" stuff, which is a port of the 0.61 code, doesn't work. As a result, you'll want to specify longer kernel execution times (-m 100 or -m 500), and the auto-tune doesn't work (so manually specify larger thread/block counts, maybe --threads 256 --blocks 128, play around & see what's fastest).

I'm working to resolve the remaining issues, but wanted to get this out here and let people beat on it a bit. It will also be going open source shortly, as I get (yet another) complete code rework done to make it object oriented (not the kernels, but the host code), and build a TCP/IP daemon for it that will allow for multi-GPU support, distributed cracking (on a local scale, though there's no reason it wouldn't work on the internet with enough bandwidth), and will allow people to write other modules for it - as the protocol will be documented, if someone wanted to write an ATI module for it, it would work just fine (I may talk to mrb about this).

shifter1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Updated CUDA Multiforcer, with SHA1 & per-position charset

Post by shifter1 » Fri May 01, 2009 6:01 pm

Quite fast. Im running a GTX 295 with the md5 option and getting stepping of 109M/s. Minor note: It doesnt tell you the command line option for charsets anymore. Working on 1171 hashes at once.

EDIT:

Adding threads = 256 made it jump to 295M/s

Bitweasil

Post by Bitweasil » Fri May 01, 2009 6:51 pm

shifter1 wrote:Quite fast. Im running a GTX 295 with the md5 option and getting stepping of 109M/s. Minor note: It doesnt tell you the command line option for charsets anymore. Working on 1171 hashes at once.

EDIT:

Adding threads = 256 made it jump to 295M/s
The defaults don't work right on the GTX series cards, and it's only using one of your two GPUs.

For peak performance, if you don't need to use your computer, try the following:

--threads 512 --blocks 512 -m 500

That should kick the speed up a bit more.

shifter1

Post by shifter1 » Fri May 01, 2009 7:28 pm

And in fact it does. Step rate is 354M/s. Would it be possible to get some of the code for this? Id like to compare it to my own. If not, what about just the kernels?

Bitweasil

Post by Bitweasil » Fri May 01, 2009 7:39 pm

Yea, I'm going to release the code for it.

I'm totally redoing the design, yet again, to something a lot more solid and scalable (TCP-IP based, workunits, a variety of compute clients supported).

Keep an eye out at Cryptohaze & I'll have the source up soon.

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Sat May 02, 2009 6:59 am

Damn, you are making scary progress :crazy:

_haxxor_

Post by _haxxor_ » Sun May 03, 2009 5:24 pm

BarsMonster wrote:Damn, you are making scary progress :crazy:
I little competition is always good. It makes good things get better.

Well done Bitweasil !

shifter1

Post by shifter1 » Wed May 13, 2009 1:15 pm

Just out of curiosity, how close are you to being able to release the source?

Bitweasil

Post by Bitweasil » Wed May 13, 2009 2:42 pm

shifter1 wrote:Just out of curiosity, how close are you to being able to release the source?
It's mostly a matter of cleaning it up and, ideally, releasing working source. I could dump out a copy now, but it would be a nightmare to dig through for people.

If nobody minds ugly source, though...

Bitweasil

Post by Bitweasil » Wed May 13, 2009 3:19 pm

Eh, comments welcome.

http://www.cryptohaze.com/releases/CUDA ... .7.tar.bz2

Comment here, or over on the cryptohaze forum.

shifter1

Post by shifter1 » Thu May 14, 2009 1:30 am

I noticed the branching switch statement in your md5 code. If you are interested, I have a method that places the 0x80 in the correct place without branching, at the cost of about 20 more ops. I am afraid I don't have the code on me, but I can get it to you soon if you are interested.

Bitweasil

Post by Bitweasil » Thu May 14, 2009 6:34 pm

shifter1 wrote:I noticed the branching switch statement in your md5 code. If you are interested, I have a method that places the 0x80 in the correct place without branching, at the cost of about 20 more ops. I am afraid I don't have the code on me, but I can get it to you soon if you are interested.
I've tested it - since I use a kernel for each password length, the compiler optimizes it out as it will always be the same for each kernel.