How high can you get

Moderator: BarsMonster

TiTi
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: How high can you get

Post by TiTi » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:24 pm

Hi everyone.

-Your apps is damn great
-Love the forum registration process

Here is my results :

BarsWF_CUDA_x32 -h 5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99 -c 0aA~

CPU : Q6600 2.4Ghz overclocked@~3.15Ghz - but stability issues (disabling CPU use would be great, it seems you're on it)
GPU : GTX 260+ (216 cores) from Point Of View [overclocked by constructor : clock = 576 MHz -> 650 ; shader = 1242 MHz -> 1400; memory = 999Mhz]

Due to MB/Memory/CPU oc issues, my system isn't stable for more than 5min with cpu @100% for the 4 cores.
But I manage to use your program and it's damn fast!!

---

Another funny thing during forum registration : I froze 10seconds at the password step :
If I'm correct phpBB encode passwords using md5. Isn't that funny ? ;)

Bitweasil
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Bitweasil » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:55 pm

If your computer can't handle constant running of any codeset, it's not a stable overclock in my opinion.

If BarsWF crashes your computer or fails to return proper results, your computer is overclocked too far.

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:29 am

TiTi wrote:Due to MB/Memory/CPU oc issues, my system isn't stable for more than 5min with cpu @100% for the 4 cores.
But I manage to use your program and it's damn fast!!
Try to run Orthos and check core temperature with RealTemp.
I bet Orthos will kick off your computer much faster :-)
You may say that your system is stable if it can survive 8 hours of Orthos
TiTi wrote:Another funny thing during forum registration : I froze 10seconds at the password step :
If I'm correct phpBB encode passwords using md5. Isn't that funny ? ;)
(Un)fortunately, PHPBB stores things salted, which we cannot handle right now :-)

TiTi

Post by TiTi » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:04 pm

Hum ok there is a salt on phpBB3, cool.

Thanks for the oc tips guys. But I now what I'm doing, temperatures are really good (ventirad = cool master z600 8-) )
I already tried OCCT, stable 5min, that's all ^^
It's because of my motherboard (asus p5n-d, cheap....) and my memory maybe.
My computer is a few days old, i just didn't had the time to tune it as i wish ;)

Irythros

Post by Irythros » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:27 pm

My CPU (according to prime95) is unstable as hell and constantly errors out. No crash for nearly a month now, even when running passwordspro on both cores for 4 days straight.

Bitweasil

Post by Bitweasil » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:18 pm

Irythros wrote:My CPU (according to prime95) is unstable as hell and constantly errors out. No crash for nearly a month now, even when running passwordspro on both cores for 4 days straight.
Prime95 will catch and report errors in stress test mode.

"Running code without crashing" is not the same as "generating correct results 100% of the time." If you are running at the limits of the ALU, but your program control logic is still behaving, you can easily be generating "wrong" results (or, for cracking, not finding all possible passwords).

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:25 am

Overclocking is one of my concerns in distributed computing.
I am going to have each client to pass a stability test before getting any work.

Bitweasil

Post by Bitweasil » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:13 am

BarsMonster wrote:Overclocking is one of my concerns in distributed computing.
I am going to have each client to pass a stability test before getting any work.
The problem with this is that it's hard to tell, with a short test (usually run at the beginning) if you have a low but present error rate.

I'd assign each work unit to multiple machines, and verify results. If you get one machine that is consistently wrong, kick it out until the issue is resolved.

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:25 am

Bitweasil wrote:
The problem with this is that it's hard to tell, with a short test (usually run at the beginning) if you have a low but present error rate.

I'd assign each work unit to multiple machines, and verify results. If you get one machine that is consistently wrong, kick it out until the issue is resolved.
Well yeah, there is a validation in each block (known hashes) and client got banned when he is unable to find that known key in any packet, but I belive 30 seconds test with all results verification (not just key found/not found) might detect alot of instable clients.

Irythros

Post by Irythros » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:44 am

Whats your definition of 'stable'?

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:53 am

Irythros wrote:
Whats your definition of 'stable'?
For 30 seconds sum of all hashes is equal to test value.
Even if there 1 bit difference somewhere , test would fail.
That includes running at the same time on all CPU cores & all GPUs.

TrashCanMan

Post by TrashCanMan » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:32 am

AMD 9850 Quad - Black Edition, XFX 9800GTX+ (x2)
stock settings
mybenchmark.jpg
mybenchmark.jpg (26.65 KiB) Viewed 14536 times

cudamonster

Post by cudamonster » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:44 pm

Anyone else have a copy of the MSCACHE bruteforcer as shown by x4d3?

thanks

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:16 pm

cudamonster wrote:Anyone else have a copy of the MSCACHE bruteforcer as shown by x4d3?

thanks
Only x4d3 have it :-)

protter

Post by protter » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:12 pm

I have tried to use
BarsWF_CUDA_x32.exe -h 712c4450aa3899aba3c2e7d81fdbf057 -c 0aA~
with Intel i7 920 + nVidia GTX280. Here is a result:
Attachments
barswf_32_cuda.PNG
barswf_32_cuda.PNG (21.32 KiB) Viewed 14271 times

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:38 pm

protter wrote:I have tried to use
BarsWF_CUDA_x32.exe -h 712c4450aa3899aba3c2e7d81fdbf057 -c 0aA~
with Intel i7 920 + nVidia GTX280. Here is a result:
Could you try with disabled hyperthreading?

protter

Post by protter » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:46 pm

Here is a measurement with disabled HT (Intel i7 + GTX280):
Attachments
barswf_32_cuda_noHT.PNG
barswf_32_cuda_noHT.PNG (19.47 KiB) Viewed 14163 times

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:25 am

You are using such a powerful CPU in 32-bit mode :-)
Shame on you :crazy:

protter

Post by protter » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:59 am

BarsMonster wrote:You are using such a powerful CPU in 32-bit mode :-)
Shame on you :crazy:
As I see you want to write BarsWF for 64-bit Linux, do not you ? :P
PS: your knowledge about my computer is so limited 8-)

the_drag0n

Post by the_drag0n » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:11 am

heh how much ram do you have ? 12 Gb ? :P

protter

Post by protter » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:01 pm

the_drag0n wrote:heh how much ram do you have ? 12 Gb ? :P
At this time I have installed 2 Gb with a possibility to extend it up to 12 Gb. But it does not increase the brute-force attack speed, does it ? ;)

the_drag0n

Post by the_drag0n » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:27 pm

nope but it makes your system run better and its usefull when using wordlists or rainbowtables.

BarsMonster
Site Admin

Post by BarsMonster » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:05 pm

protter wrote:As I see you want to write BarsWF for 64-bit Linux, do not you ? :P
PS: your knowledge about my computer is so limited 8-)
Yes, I want.
Well, ofcourse I am not you, and know only what you are saying here :-)
It is very interesting to see results on latest processor, but 32-bit mode really limit possibilities of CPU.
It would be very nice to see i7 results in 64-bit mode with both HT on & off.

cmbll

Post by cmbll » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:34 pm

8800GS @ 720 core/910 memory/1800 shader, E2160 @ 3.0 GHz

protter

Post by protter » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:35 pm

Intel Core i7 920 + GTX280 GPU on 64-bit Vista. Just 30% advantage for CPU calculation.
Attachments
Untitled.png