PassRape - CUDA/ATI SHA-1/mysql/MSSQL bruter

Moderator: BarsMonster

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
KanyT
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: PassRape - CUDA/ATI SHA-1/mysql/MSSQL bruter

Post by KanyT » Tue May 26, 2009 9:56 am

KanyT
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by KanyT » Tue May 26, 2009 11:03 am

Vista x64sp2, catalyst 9.5 (8.12 also dont work), HD4870x2

shifter1

Post by shifter1 » Wed May 27, 2009 12:30 pm

I have looked at the source code for this program and needless to say it is very poorly written. I tried running it and got better performance from my own SHA-1 bruting program (my first attempt). The author is apparently unaware of compiler optimization and shows it in his kernel. I would shy away from this program if I were you.

Bitweasil

Post by Bitweasil » Wed May 27, 2009 2:47 pm

budden wrote:I can't run it on my XP x86 CUDA2.2 station with 8800GTS 512mb - could you please check and report if it works?
In that case please specify your CUDA version, drivers, OS and GPU. On Vista it works fine AFAIK.
I believe he has fixed the XP issue and will be releasing a revision shortly.

vampyr

Post by vampyr » Thu May 28, 2009 8:09 am

shifter1 wrote:I have looked at the source code for this program and needless to say it is very poorly written. I tried running it and got better performance from my own SHA-1 bruting program (my first attempt). The author is apparently unaware of compiler optimization and shows it in his kernel. I would shy away from this program if I were you.
Protip: if you get more than a 2-3% speed increase on NVIDIA, kudos. I've sacrificed some speed for shorter code in the plaintext generator (and couldn't unroll because of mysql), but other than that its fairly straightforward. Unaware of compiler optimization? Coalescing? Most IF statements are constant, so those get optimized out by the compiler ;)
Yes, i agree that the code is messy, because it's damn near a complete rewrite of the thing, and i haven't had time to clean it up.
But hey, if you got better performance from your own, obviously better written program, which happens to only handle one hash type (and can it handle multiple hashes?) why not share the source? ;)

Also, the ATI code is mainly CRUD because the compiler lacks any array support. And using random acces output isn't exactly erm, speedy?

/sarcasm off.

Now, this app appears to run fine under vista ultimate 64 on any of my boxes, both nvidia and ATI. It apperantly still crashes for XP.
I do not have a XP test rig atm, so i'l need some time to set that up. It's not anything in my code that i can find atm,
but it's most likely due to the fact that nvidia's CUDA dlls dislike dynamic loading.

--Gah, windows version nightmare.

vampyr

Post by vampyr » Thu May 28, 2009 8:40 am

Ok, the bug was definitely not in the code itself. ATI somehow generates a TLS directory for the project even tho i do not use the TLS.
I managed to reproduce the exact message by hexediting the TLS directory size and pointer to 0.
Meaning i cant dynload that dll.

Now i need to figure out a workaround:P

shifter1

Post by shifter1 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:33 pm

vampyr wrote:
shifter1 wrote:I have looked at the source code for this program and needless to say it is very poorly written. I tried running it and got better performance from my own SHA-1 bruting program (my first attempt). The author is apparently unaware of compiler optimization and shows it in his kernel. I would shy away from this program if I were you.
Protip: if you get more than a 2-3% speed increase on NVIDIA, kudos. I've sacrificed some speed for shorter code in the plaintext generator (and couldn't unroll because of mysql), but other than that its fairly straightforward. Unaware of compiler optimization? Coalescing? Most IF statements are constant, so those get optimized out by the compiler ;)
Yes, i agree that the code is messy, because it's damn near a complete rewrite of the thing, and i haven't had time to clean it up.
But hey, if you got better performance from your own, obviously better written program, which happens to only handle one hash type (and can it handle multiple hashes?) why not share the source? ;)

Also, the ATI code is mainly CRUD because the compiler lacks any array support. And using random acces output isn't exactly erm, speedy?

/sarcasm off.

Now, this app appears to run fine under vista ultimate 64 on any of my boxes, both nvidia and ATI. It apperantly still crashes for XP.
I do not have a XP test rig atm, so i'l need some time to set that up. It's not anything in my code that i can find atm,
but it's most likely due to the fact that nvidia's CUDA dlls dislike dynamic loading.

--Gah, windows version nightmare.
Can't share the source since the program is not technically mine to give away (company owned and all). It is a proof of concept program that tries 8 passwords per step. It only works with MD5 and SHA1.

vampyr

Post by vampyr » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:34 pm

Getting 600mhashes/s on ATI atm, and 420mhashes/s on a gtx 295. I'm hitting an instruction limit cap here on NVIDIA , so i somehow doubt that i can improve much for the NVIDIA version. I can probably increase the ATI speed significantly by interlacing tho.

vampyr

Post by vampyr » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:28 pm

Shit's been updated.
It now has a few new features: large hash lists, up to a million hashes.
Client/server support (with a compressed connection, because the internet is a series of tubes, and not a big truck).
Built in unit tests.
Multi-gpu support (been there for a while).
And a ton more, read the readme file to see what's there. Or the code of course. As it's completely open-source.

Next up:
-custom algorithm kernel (more flexible salting/shit).
-md5 support.

vampyr

Post by vampyr » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:30 pm

Oh, i forgot to mention, i already hit 10.000.000.000 hashes/second on a cluster of mixed ATI/nvidia boxen with a few friends. Can you beat my speed? :)
Last edited by vampyr on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sc00bz

Post by Sc00bz » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:03 am

Is that 10 or 100 billion but either way nice.

vampyr

Post by vampyr » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:32 am

10 billion;) But yeh, there's a typo. Post edited.