Poll: How many hashes you are going to crack in multi-hash?

Moderator: BarsMonster

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

How many hashes (non-salted, or with the same salt) you are going to crack simultaneously?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:29 am

1-10
24%
10-50
12%
50-500
16%
500-2000
24%
2000-10000
No votes
10'000-100'000
20%
100'000-1'000'000 :crazy:
4%

Total votes: 25

BarsMonster
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Poll: How many hashes you are going to crack in multi-hash?

Post by BarsMonster » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:29 am

How many hashes (non-salted, or with the same salt) you are going to crack simultaneously?
That would help me to choose fastest key checking algorithm.

Irythros
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Poll: How many hashes you are going to crack in multi-hash?

Post by Irythros » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:52 am

multiple hashes with the same salt? None, since salts are different xD

But itll typically be 1-10 at a time for me for both md5 and salted algorithms.

neinbrucke

Post by neinbrucke » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:28 pm

quite often i try hundreds or thousands of unsalted md5 hashes at once... cuda_nv worked fine with around 20k hashes.
but i wouldn't mind being able to crack > 100k hashes at once with barswf :)

the_drag0n

Post by the_drag0n » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:40 pm

i think optimising the code for 500 - 5000 hashes will fit for most people.
i guess id try cracking 1mio hashes for once as well but i wouldnt need it :P

DarkPrince

Post by DarkPrince » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:11 pm

BarsMonster wrote:How many hashes (non-salted, or with the same salt) you are going to crack simultaneously?
That would help me to choose fastest key checking algorithm.
cant you make 2? :)

1 for a bit lower and one for alot of hashes ^^

Sc00bz

Post by Sc00bz » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:22 pm

He's not going to cripple single hash cracking just to make it crack multiple hashes at once. Internally it will have two separate code paths and maybe more if he decides to use different methods for just a few hashes, a good amount of hashes, and a shit ton of hashes :crazy:.

---------
Oh way never mind I thought you were asking for two versions like one exe that only did one hash and another that did multiple hashes. I'm :crazy:.

xprog

Post by xprog » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:43 pm

yeah an internal case switch that will check depending on the amount of hashes seems good, if there there is even a big difference in the different methods. I definitely crack 100-300k databases constantly. using pwpro i have to split them up into smaller chunks because it starts having problems cracking larger lists. But with gpu crackers like LHC i load em all at once. I do know that EGB is faster then LHC on smaller lists, but on 100k+ lists LHC doesnt loose much effeciency where EGB takes a big dump in speed.

Corni

Post by Corni » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:44 pm

wth? The poll just ended some hours ago?
:D
I'd just crack 1 hash, if you count this as using multi-hash mode :D