BarsWF only sees one GPU...

Moderator: BarsMonster

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bitstream
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

BarsWF only sees one GPU...

Post by Bitstream » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:55 am

I have two EVGA 9800 GT's in my quad core but BarsWF only sees one (but it see all of the CPU's)...Vista 64 bit and SLI is not enabled. I do not see anything in the BIOS settings that would affect it. Does anyone have any pointers on why it does not see the 2nd card? I am using 2 monitors off of one of the cards and no monitors on the 2nd card (I normally run it with SLI on but turned it off temporarily to run BarsWF). Thanks for any help you can provide!

BarsMonster
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: BarsWF only sees one GPU...

Post by BarsMonster » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:26 am

Try to connect monitor to each card....

Bitweasil

Post by Bitweasil » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:54 pm

I believe this is a known issue with Vista - it only makes GPUs with displays attached available to CUDA.

Another solution would be to install Linux or XP for cracking - they will both outperform Vista significantly due to dramatically reduced kernel launch times.

Bitstream

Post by Bitstream » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:22 pm

Bitweasil wrote:Another solution would be to install Linux or XP for cracking - they will both outperform Vista significantly due to dramatically reduced kernel launch times.
I have another drive in that machine with Gentoo on it...I only put the Vista drive in it since I didn't see a BarsWF for Linux.

Bitstream

Post by Bitstream » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:23 pm

BarsMonster wrote:Try to connect monitor to each card....
That did the trick...