UTF-8 support \ Delimited strings

Moderator: BarsMonster

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
TheLeader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

UTF-8 support \ Delimited strings

Post by TheLeader » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:24 pm

Ok, first of all I'd like to thank BarsMonster & this wonderful community for spending long weeks making this thing come true.
I am another happy BarsWF user, been using it for more than a half year with no complaints - it makes good use of the CUDA API and yup, it does the job.

Recently I've been struggling with a problem - since a lot of non-english web applications use UTF-8 in order to represent and store textual content, it's problematic to use plain hex characters when trying to crack an md5 hash.
For example, the first letter in hebrew (aleph) is represented in hexadecimal by E0.
When using UTF-8, it is represented by D7 E0.

So the first 4 letters in hebrew, encoded with plain hexadecimal - look like that:
E0 E1 E2 E3

And in UTF-8:
D7 E0 D7 E1 D7 E2 D7 E3

What I'm suggesting is to add a way to use hex-delimited strings so that UTF-8 hashes can be cracked too.

Happy dev'ing, TL

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable