Qestion

Moderator: BarsMonster

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
esc
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Qestion

Post by esc » Mon May 31, 2010 5:11 pm

This is maybe noob qestion but let ask.

is there anyway to use BarsWF_GUI to recover more then one pass at the time??

Rolf
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Qestion

Post by Rolf » Mon May 31, 2010 5:21 pm

Nope.

esc

Post by esc » Mon May 31, 2010 5:43 pm

is there any cuda based password recovery program can do multy hashs? ( free off corse )

Rolf

Post by Rolf » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:18 am

hash_db

Post by hash_db » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:00 pm

I beg to differ, with all the creative minds in here.... cmon!

Code: Select all

for /F "Tokens=*" %%i in (result) do (
	BarsWF_CUDA_x64.exe -h "%%i" -c Aa0 -min_len 4 -max_len 7 -gpu_time 1500 -C "@+-.!*,#$"
	FOR /F "tokens=* skip=2 usebackq" %%b IN ("barswf.save") DO (
		echo %%i":"%%b >> newbars.txt
		)
	)

(result) being the file containing the hashes....

D3ad0ne

Post by D3ad0ne » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:28 am

Just because it can be done, doesn't mean it's the smart way to do it. Would you want to crack 5000 md5 hashes one at a time or all at once..

If the keyspace you were searching took on average 1 min to finish per hash it would take you 3.4 days to finish 5000 hashes in single hash mode.
Even if it took 5 times as long to search the same keyspace using a multi-hashcracker it would only take 5 mintues to do the same keyspace.
hash_db wrote:I beg to differ, with all the creative minds in here.... cmon!

BarsWF_CUDA_x64.exe -h "%%i" -c Aa0 -min_len 4 -max_len 7 -gpu_time 1500 -C "@+-.!*,#$"
		)
	)

P3ndldqny2

Post by P3ndldqny2 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:18 pm

D3ad0ne wrote:Just because it can be done, doesn't mean it's the smart way to do it. Would you want to crack 5000 md5 hashes one at a time or all at once..

If the keyspace you were searching took on average 1 min to finish per hash it would take you 3.4 days to finish 5000 hashes in single hash mode.
Even if it took 5 times as long to search the same keyspace using a multi-hashcracker it would only take 5 mintues to do the same keyspace.
hash_db wrote:I beg to differ, with all the creative minds in here.... cmon!

)
	)

You've completely lost me....

If you have 480 cores then you can only do 480 in parallel, unless CUDA cores allow pipelining similar to Intel processors??

I presume the owner of the forum wrote his software to detect how many cores were there and then distribute the hash calculations evenly amongst the separate cores, or atleast thats how i'd have done it.

So are you suggesting something different?

Sc00bz

Post by Sc00bz » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:35 pm

This has nothing to do with GPUs or CPUs this is the big picture.

He's saying if you have 5000 MD5s that it is faster to generate an MD5 and check it against a list of MD5s you're trying to crack than generate an MD5 and check it against the first MD5 you're trying to crack then regenerate the same MD5 again and check it against the second MD5 you're trying to crack and so on.

P3ndldqny2

Post by P3ndldqny2 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:22 pm

Sc00bz wrote:This has nothing to do with GPUs or CPUs this is the big picture.

He's saying if you have 5000 MD5s that it is faster to generate an MD5 and check it against a list of MD5s you're trying to crack than generate an MD5 and check it against the first MD5 you're trying to crack then regenerate the same MD5 again and check it against the second MD5 you're trying to crack and so on.
Ah ok i get you, so on a simple level imagine you have two 'threads'. One thread could be tasked with ensuring there is always 5000 hashes available and the other thread could check your hash with the 5,000 target hashes? Therefore there's never any overhead lost on creating the 5000.

I guess the limitation with this is the amount of memory on the chip to store the list of X hashes?

Sc00bz

Post by Sc00bz » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:45 pm

P3ndldqny2 wrote:Ah ok i get you, so on a simple level imagine you have two 'threads'. One thread could be tasked with ensuring there is always 5000 hashes available and the other thread could check your hash with the 5,000 target hashes? Therefore there's never any overhead lost on creating the 5000.
I don't know what you are trying to say but this is what every thread does:

pw = get_first_pw()
loop until no_more_pws()
	hash = md5(pw)
	if search_hashes(hash) == found
		output(hash + ":" + pw)
	end if
	pw = get_next_pw()
end loop
vs

hash_to_crack = get_first_hash_to_crack()
loop until no_more_hashes_to_crack()
	pw = get_first_pw()
	loop until no_more_pws()
		hash = md5(pw)
		if hash == hash_to_crack
			output(hash + ":" + pw)
			goto exit_loop
		end if
		pw = get_next_pw()
	end loop
exit_loop:
	hash_to_crack = get_next_hash_to_crack()
end loop
P3ndldqny2 wrote:I guess the limitation with this is the amount of memory on the chip to store the list of X hashes?
It's limited to the amount of ram whether it's the CPU's ram or GPU's ram that you're working on. There's normally a look up table or bit field to speed things up since most people don't need a few gigs of ram just for storing hashes. Like with CUDA-Multiforcer from cryptohaze.com it has an option to use 512 MiB just for a bit field that covered 32 bits of the hash to tell if it needs to search for the hash. I modified it to use less memory by letting you select the number of bits for it to cover for those of us that have less GPU ram (me), but now it doesn't really matter since GTX 400s or newer have at least 768 MiB of ram.