Quick start & current status

Moderator: BarsMonster

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
BarsMonster
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Quick start & current status

Post by BarsMonster » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:37 pm

This forum was created in order to exchange ideas about semiconductor manufacturing at home.
There will be separate "glued" thread per each significant problem.
If you have any relevant questions - feel free to ask. If you know anyone who might contribute anything on this topic- show him this forum please :-)

About my project
From my childhood I was dreaming about making ICs at home. In the beginning I had no idea how to do that at all. Then I had no idea how to do that at home. Now I guess I see the way to do it at home, and have all resources needed to accomplish that.

The ultimate goal is to be able to manufacture reliable custom ICs on 1-5um tech. In case of project success I am going to set up open ASIC design competition, where winners will have their entries manufactured and sent by mail.
In the bright future, it all might get commercialized.

My main risk at the moment is loosing interest after long chain of failures, but I kinda ready for that, and childhood dreams just does not go away that easy :crazy:

Mono-crystalline Si wafers: [+]
Pure Si in raw form: [+]
Photoresists & developers: [+]
Etching & dopants chemistry: [+]
Deionized water: [+]
Tungsten foil & containers:

Microscope to see 5um things: [+]
Microscope to see 0.5um things: [+]
Furnace 1000-1200C:
Plasma chamber :
Vacuum pump: [+]
Metal evaporation chamber:
HF-safe etching box: [+]
Ventilation & air filtering for "clean room" : [+]
Respirator & protection clothers : [+]

Masks & contact lithography 100um: [+]
Masks & contact lithography 30um:
Masks & reduction lithography 5-10um:
Masks & reduction lithography 1um:

Progress
Single MOSFET working:
CMOS inverter working:
1x metal tiny ASIC working:
2x metal tiny ASIC working:

BarsMonster
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Quick start & current status

Post by BarsMonster » Sun May 01, 2011 12:28 am

Here are the photos of silicon stuff I've got: