Custom and hex chars not working in CUDA 0.B, only 0.8..?

Moderator: BarsMonster

Post Reply
uchiudono
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:53 pm

Custom and hex chars not working in CUDA 0.B, only 0.8..?

Post by uchiudono » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:40 pm

I tried checking out the hex characters option.

"ab de" (0x61 0x62 0x20 0x20 0x64 0x65) was my first test string.

md5("ab de") = 374fee63deaf3f2c2f8878f8a99e6aac

So, i tried this command line:

barswf_cuda_x64 -h 374fee63deaf3f2c2f8878f8a99e6aac -c a -X "20"

Trying v0.B:

Code: Select all

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
║ BarsWF MD5 bruteforcer v0.B ♥       http://3.14.by/en/md5 ║
║ by Svarychevski Michail             http://3.14.by/ru/md5 ║
╟───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────╢
║   GPU0 : 2201.65 MHash/sec    CPU0 :   40.24 MHash/sec    ║
║                               CPU1 :   40.27 MHash/sec    ║
║                               CPU2 :   40.93 MHash/sec    ║
║                               CPU3 :   40.65 MHash/sec    ║
║                               CPU4 :   40.33 MHash/sec    ║
║                               CPU5 :   40.99 MHash/sec    ║
║                               CPU6 :   32.27 MHash/sec    ║
║                               CPU7 :   41.64 MHash/sec    ║
║                                                           ║
║   GPU* : 2201.65 MHash/sec    CPU* :  317.33 MHash/sec    ║
╟───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────╢
║ Key: vllbyqpc             Avg.Total: 2518.97 MHash/sec    ║
║ Hash:374fee63deaf3f2c2f8878f8a99e6aac                     ║
║ Progress: 42.60 % ETC    0 days  0 hours  0 min 47 sec    ║
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
══ Key was not found. ═══════════════════════════════════════
Version 0.B clearly does not try any 0x20 hex characters. :shock:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Trying v0.8:

Code: Select all

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
║ BarsWF MD5 bruteforcer v0.8 ¨       http://3.14.by/en/md5 ║
║ by Svarychevski Michail             http://3.14.by/ru/md5 ║
Ã───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────Â
║    GPU0:    0.00 MHash/sec     CPU0:   45.84 MHash/sec    ║
║                                CPU1:   56.41 MHash/sec    ║
║                                CPU2:   47.28 MHash/sec    ║
║                                CPU3:   50.68 MHash/sec    ║
║                                CPU4:   43.91 MHash/sec    ║
║                                CPU5:   49.36 MHash/sec    ║
║                                CPU6:   46.45 MHash/sec    ║
║                                CPU7:    0.00 MHash/sec    ║
║                                                           ║
║    GPU*:    0.00 MHash/sec     CPU*:  339.93 MHash/sec    ║
Ã───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────Â
║ Key: nzfrnn               Avg.Total:   23.44 MHash/sec    ║
║ Hash:374fee63deaf3f2c2f8878f8a99e6aac                     ║
║ Progress: 24.77 % ETC    0 days  0 hours  0 min 12 sec    ║
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
══ Key is: ab  de════════════════════════════════════════════
Press any key to exit
Version 0.8 finds the key with the 0x20 characters in a few seconds! :joy:

However, v0.8 will crash when using longer keys:

Trying instead with this 7-characters string:

"ab def" (0x61 0x62 0x20 0x20 0x64 0x65 0x66)

md5("ab def") = 20504fe09c734be28d8bbf390152f353

When I use v0.8 and try this command line:

barswf_cuda_x64 -h 20504fe09c734be28d8bbf390152f353 -c a -X "20"

Code: Select all

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
║ BarsWF MD5 bruteforcer v0.8 ¨       http://3.14.by/en/md5 ║
║ by Svarychevski Michail             http://3.14.by/ru/md5 ║
Ã───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────Â
║    GPU0:    0.00 MHash/sec     CPU0:   47.21 MHash/sec    ║
║                                CPU1:   54.21 MHash/sec    ║
║                                CPU2:   41.90 MHash/sec    ║
║                                CPU3:   46.04 MHash/sec    ║
║                                CPU4:   39.99 MHash/sec    ║
║                                CPU5:   39.71 MHash/sec    ║
║                                CPU6:    0.00 MHash/sec    ║
║                                CPU7:    0.00 MHash/sec    ║
║                                                           ║
║    GPU*:    0.00 MHash/sec     CPU*:  269.06 MHash/sec    ║
Ã───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────Â
║ Key: nzjlce               Avg.Total:   23.41 MHash/sec    ║
║ Hash:20504fe09c734be28d8bbf390152f353                     ║
║ Progress: 38.70 % ETC    0 days  0 hours  0 min 10 sec    ║
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
══CUDA kernel error: invalid device function ════════════════
..I always get this error. :cry:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Back to v0.B, I have tried using the "barswf.cfg" file, both

hex_characters=20

and

hex_characters="20"

.. I even tried putting all the parameters into it; like this:

hex_characters=20
charset=a
hash=20504fe09c734be28d8bbf390152f353


and then ran v0.B without any command-line options at all,
but it will never show that it is trying the spacebar 0x20 character..

Then, just for fun, I tried using the -C option and tried using some very visible characters like %!#(),
but again, it was very clear that v0.B did not bother trying to use anything other than the charsets set by the -c option. :o

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests